• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boo's dental thread

Thanks everyone, long may it continue. Of course no dentals would be amazing but much bigger gaps between them is the next best thing. We shall see

She is having a horrendous moult at the moment - she just looks to hot & hairy :lol:- so I'll not share a photo today

but I will share a photo today, since I just missed my bus

my little hoglet with hogweed

YmLKGnWm.jpg
iNsEg15m.jpg

but I will share a photo today, since I just missed my bus

my little hoglet with hogweed

YmLKGnWm.jpg
[/IMG]
iNsEg15m.jpg
[/IMG]

She's doing really well :)

Good thing her front choppers are in good order (I am hoping they are?)

Eat for England, Boo :)

Hope you caught your bus next time round Joey :wave:

I can't believe its been 10 weeks + No signs yet - touch wood. I'm continuing with the facial massages, I think I'll be too scared to ever stop them

I was quite nervous to open your latest post! This is really good news :D

I also wouldn't stop the facial massages :lol:

I was quite nervous to open your latest post! This is really good news :D

I also wouldn't stop the facial massages :lol:

Me too! Great news :thumb: your business should be renamed trawden soap kitchen and Boo’s bunny spa ;) :lol:

We have a new symptom :( squeaky teeth. This is only when eating. Very loud and squeaky with hay & grass, not quite as loud with other forage, quiet with nuggets. It looks like Boo is trying to manage whatever is going on with her diet. She even took some hay experts bark yesterday which up to now has always been declined. She appears to be eating almost incessantly.

I'll either call her vets tomorrow or try open surgery first thing ...the latter is a gamble as 2 vets at the practice are rabbit savvy but I'd really like her to be seen tomorrow (preferably by Heather who knows her well) & to get a lift there. OH can take me to Harrogate tomorrow as its his day off. I'm giving her Metacam in case she is in pain (I have Heathers permission to administer as needed). I can't quite work out if her behaviour is 100% - she woke me up three times last night. Once bounding on the bed, another breaking in to the spare room where loads of forage is drying & another dancing in the bathroom. Right now she is shifting position & more active than usual. In an hour she can have more metacam & I hope is able to snooze with Joey & Mouse.

Poor Boo :( I hope you can get her seen by Heather tomorrow. It's good that you know her so well and can recognize out of the ordinary behaviours.

I'll be thinking of you both tomorrow.

We have a new symptom :( squeaky teeth. This is only when eating. Very loud and squeaky with hay & grass, not quite as loud with other forage, quiet with nuggets. It looks like Boo is trying to manage whatever is going on with her diet. She even took some hay experts bark yesterday which up to now has always been declined. She appears to be eating almost incessantly.

I'll either call her vets tomorrow or try open surgery first thing ...the latter is a gamble as 2 vets at the practice are rabbit savvy but I'd really like her to be seen tomorrow (preferably by Heather who knows her well) & to get a lift there. OH can take me to Harrogate tomorrow as its his day off. I'm giving her Metacam in case she is in pain (I have Heathers permission to administer as needed). I can't quite work out if her behaviour is 100% - she woke me up three times last night. Once bounding on the bed, another breaking in to the spare room where loads of forage is drying & another dancing in the bathroom. Right now she is shifting position & more active than usual. In an hour she can have more metacam & I hope is able to snooze with Joey & Mouse.

Squeaky teeth is familiar to me. I shall send vibes that Boo gets to see Heather tomorrow and that all is well with her.

She's a darling rabbit, doing all those things in the night but sorry she woke you up.
I hope you can get back to sleep at those times. I tend to lie awake for ages x

thank you both.

I did get back to sleep MM but had nightmare that I took her to a vet who misunderstood what I'd said & put her on nebuliser & then wasted the rest of the appointment asking if Mouse was well enough to be bonded with Boo as she was currently living in a stinky cage with a rat ! Wish I'd stayed awake.

Have your squeaky teeth experiences been a dental indicator? I'd assume thats the case with Boo but Google threw up very little

Poor Boo [emoji17] I really hope you're able to see Heather tomorrow and see what's going on with her teeth. You're so on the ball with her that you know that something's not right and get it nipped in the bud quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the well wishes Scrappy.

I have come up with a change of plan. There is little point taking her all that way for a consult to have to abandon her there alone waiting for the inevitable GA & dental. I'm just going to book her straight in for asap dental if I can. She's stopped drinking too - that's an existing (although puzzling) existing sign. I'm worried, more so than usual. If only she were a straightforward dental bun without her peculiar cyst. I'll ask for xrays but dreading them at the same time

I have come up with a change of plan. There is little point taking her all that way for a consult to have to abandon her there alone waiting for the inevitable GA & dental. I'm just going to book her straight in for asap dental if I can. She's stopped drinking too - that's an existing (although puzzling) existing sign. I'm worried, more so than usual. If only she were a straightforward dental bun without her peculiar cyst. I'll ask for xrays but dreading them at the same time

The change of plan sounds sensible and I presume you will arrange it so that Heather can do it, even though that might mean a difficult journey for you with no lift?

On the plus side she has lasted many more weeks this time. However, I can understand your worry and getting x-rays will mean additional worry for you waiting for their results.

I hope you can get an appointment asap. I'm sorry she's stopped drinking too. In this weather you don't want to leave a symptom like that, I agree.

I can assure you that dental buns are rarely straight-forward, even without a cyst so I really do empathise with you.

You will get the results of the X-rays on the same day you take her so you'll know straight away if there are unforeseen problems but I know it will take a bit of psyching up to x

Boo!!! :, (

Hopefully you have caught it super early and will be quicker recovery for boo. I hope everything goes as straight forward as it can be. Big hugs for you too, it's horrible having bunny nightmares and worry. All the good luck vibes on the world for your boo xxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back