• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boo's dental thread

I was thinking Boo's symptoms over last night, the most universal one seems to be she stops drinking water. As I understand it most bunnies drink more
That's a good thing to watch for, even if it is unusual it's nice to have something a bit more concrete. Lopsy LOVES cucumber, over everything else (maybe because he gets it infrequently?) but Aboleth will only eat it after everything else. Hop she continues to do OK until her dental, which I hope clears things up again :)

Does Boo have a bottle or a bowl to drink from ? Dental Rabbits may find using a sipper bottle to be uncomfortable. Sending lots of vibes for her Dental tomorrow x

Wow, that is a lot of dentals. He must have had a strong spirit like my Boo as well. Thanks for writing - I think its good for myself (& others) to know how well some bunnies can cope with an enormous amount of dentals (& I assume GA's). I was thinking Boo's symptoms over last night, the most universal one seems to be she stops drinking water. As I understand it most bunnies drink more

I'm glad you have her booked in, that's a relief.

As a temporary measure, would a small amount of apple whizzed up with water in her bowl help her to drink a bit more? Would she like camomile or peppermint tea? Or even Avipro to flavour the water?

In this hot weather, she will need adequate hydration to keep her in tip top condition for her GA tomorrow, although I know your vet will give fluids also.

I've had to syringe feed Bob all day yesterday as like you was worried about his hydration and he was having a stasis episode. Syringing water was hopeless as he wouldn't swallow it and it just dribbled out but I added some pineapple juice and he couldn't get enough of it. I try not to give them sweet things in case it makes his gut worse but it did make sure I got fluid into him. He is so much better today thank goodness.
Hope Boo is doing ok and that she gets through her dental well x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Thank You all so much for your support & suggestions. I tried a sippy bottle with water blended with pear & she seemed excited but couldn't / wouldn't have it.

Headed out to the corner shop 30 min walk each way. There I managed to get crispy florette mixed lettuce,pure apple juice,a pure fruit smoothie & cucumber.

I blended some cucumber & apple juice with water & she had a little. not too fussed about the soaked lettuce & herbs just yet. Got a lot of forage - tried to focus on jucier stuff so low on tree leaves. Going to soak a selection & try her on them now.

She is drooling today :( & was a little tooth grindy pre metacam. even though she is queen of flops she is freaking me out with them today

I hope Bob is all better now Julia? x

Apologies JJ - I misread you post. Ah well didn't hurt to try her on a bottle. She has a big dog bowl for water. Her scruff goes back in to place quicly so I don't think she's too dehydrated.

OH said he woke up in the dead of the night, opened his eyes to find his eyes an inch away from Boos. She was calmly laid with front paws on his pillow. He gave her fusses & she licked his pillow. He then said he wondered if he was trying to tll him something so went down stairs, sliced her some more cucumber & checked in on J&M. He returned to bed,she followed him up, gave a few kisses & left :love: Receptionist called just now saying Heather wants consult 1st - 8.45 am

a heart stopping DBF from drooly chops this morning

s1oY50Rm.jpg

Not sure what happened here. Left the room for a few moments & come back to find Boo asleep with the wet forage bowl on top of her. OH insists he was not responsible. Joey & mouse are saying nothing
JoZTv6vm.jpg

I hope that your journey tomorrow goes well. 08.45 is early!

I also hope that Boo gets on OK with her dental (if it goes ahead) and that no change is detected on the x-rays.

Also sending hugs. I'll be thinking of you both.

I've had to syringe feed Bob all day yesterday as like you was worried about his hydration and he was having a stasis episode. Syringing water was hopeless as he wouldn't swallow it and it just dribbled out but I added some pineapple juice and he couldn't get enough of it. I try not to give them sweet things in case it makes his gut worse but it did make sure I got fluid into him. He is so much better today thank goodness.
Hope Boo is doing ok and that she gets through her dental well x

My vet recommends pineapple juice and certainly some buns really go for it :D

Sending vibes for Bob xx

Oh boo those photos! The second photo made me chuckle whilst the first made me sploof my pants. Such a funny little character. Good luck boo your amazing xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Lovely photos[emoji173]. The DBF must freak you out, but it must show how relaxed she is. Thanks for thoughts for Bob (and MM)- I'm pretty sure he has almost fully recovered. Just 48 hours of worry and sleeplessness!

Lovely photos[emoji173]. The DBF must freak you out, but it must show how relaxed she is. Thanks for thoughts for Bob (and MM)- I'm pretty sure he has almost fully recovered. Just 48 hours of worry and sleeplessness!

Bob what have you been doing to your bunny mummy! I'm glad he's on the mend xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks Loobers, she is amazing ! In fact Amazing Boo is one of her adapted songs. I think I'll try & spend the day in Harrogate - last time I hadn't even made it home before I got the call we could collect her

Back