• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boo's dental thread

She seems really good today thanks. They'd already had breakfast when I got up so not sure about squeaks but there were some last night. She is drinking again thank goodness

As yet nobody has explained the not drinking. She just had a few leaves - still squeaky. Since returning from the vet she has made no more visits to daddys pillow

Last edited:
Great that she's recovered well. Has there been an explanation given for the squeakiness?

relaxing :love:
U8ZsKAml.jpg

Pleased to hear Boo is good. I have heard rabbis squeaking whilst drinking, in fact I am looking after a friend's rabbit and the girl makes a little squeaking noise whilst drinking. She has had to have her tear duct, left side, flushed a couple of times, whether this has some connection to the noise I don't know.

Pleased to hear Boo is good. I have heard rabbis squeaking whilst drinking, in fact I am looking after a friend's rabbit and the girl makes a little squeaking noise whilst drinking. She has had to have her tear duct, left side, flushed a couple of times, whether this has some connection to the noise I don't know.

Yes I have heard rabbit squeak whilst drinking.

I find the tooth squeaking different to that noise though.

Tonibun- Boo is a gurgly, squeaky drinker. The teeth thing is more like nails down a blackboard :lol: Heather is keeping a close eye on her eye as its right near the cyst

Boo is back to her old self, not presenting with any issues at all. Since Tuesday when we came back from the vet there have been no pillow visitations. Gone are the 2am Boo & Bob snuggles with mutual grooming :lol: So why do you think this might be? Bob thinks she was connecting with him to let him know she needed to go to hospital; another theory is she might be sulking - but she really isn't a grudgy bunny & is still loving with both of us

Boo is back to her old self, not presenting with any issues at all. Since Tuesday when we came back from the vet there have been no pillow visitations. Gone are the 2am Boo & Bob snuggles with mutual grooming :lol: So why do you think this might be? Bob thinks she was connecting with him to let him know she needed to go to hospital; another theory is she might be sulking - but she really isn't a grudgy bunny & is still loving with both of us

I like the way Bob thinks :D

I'm a trifle put out she chose him over me. I pay all the bills, he just does the chaffeuring
"Mate, we need to get in the car and go to the vets because man, this hurts" is probably more important than paying ;P

Aboleth makes weird noises (compared to my boys who were always silent): she whistles when drinking, and makes squeaks if she gets overexcited. I do like the caption for the food picture: brilliant :D

Thank You to those who sent Boo & Joey vibes & messages of support. I thought I'd update here as I find it useful to re-read my bunnies health threads.

Well they both had their dentals today, the need for which was picked up at their RHVD2 health check.
Joey was straightforward, jaggedy spurs which were filed. He had no sores / ulcers
Boo's teeth were looking long on the opposite side to what was previously problematic so they needed a little trim back so she was booked in.

Anyhoooo look what super star vet Becky found

M2PVorfl.jpg

2w8YZVYl.jpg

a very smelly & rotten tooth in the cavity that was always discarging pus. No wonder antibiotics didn't clear it. poor baby coping with that all the time. Becky said Boo even reacted under anaesthetic when it was taken out so it must have hurt

Back home they've had a little hay, now snoozing together, looking a little bit sorry for themselves

Super star indeed :thumb: What an evil looking object :shock:

Poor Boo, but hasn't she been brave coping with it for so long :love: I hope that this will now be the end of the horrid mouth problems for the Princess.

I hope they both recover well.

Back