• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boo's dental thread

Thank You all. Scrappy they are in snoozy mode so I've had to take a break from poo assessment & dietary monitoring. Here they are now, they seem ok

GiYMZYtl.jpg
[/IMG]

Heartwarming picture, thank you too for the poo update. I do wonder if any other group of people are as poo orientated?

Heartwarming picture, thank you too for the poo update. I do wonder if any other group of people are as poo orientated?

I do hope not. I wouldn't appreciate these kind of conversations bout dog or cat poo. Bunnies are so special even their poo is nice (well inoffensive at least). What other species poops golden balls. I bet Dillys are massive

Thank You all. Scrappy they are in snoozy mode so I've had to take a break from poo assessment & dietary monitoring. Here they are now, they seem ok

GiYMZYtl.jpg
[/IMG]

What a lovely photo :love: I’m glad they are ok :thumb:

[/B]

I do hope not. I wouldn't appreciate these kind of conversations bout dog or cat poo. Bunnies are so special even their poo is nice (well inoffensive at least). What other species poops golden balls. I bet Dillys are massive

No, I wouldn’t discuss cat or dog poop either, or human poop, in the same way we talk about bunny poop :lol: goat poop is similarly inoffensive (IMO) but their poop is a lot darker, nearly black presumably because they eat a lot of leaves, bark, branches and grass as well as the hay. It comes out as a clump like a big blackberry and then when it hits the floor it scatters like a poop bomb :lol:

Sorry if anyone is eating :lol:

Boo had her Novibac earlier in the week. Becky says she is the perfect weight & was really happy with her tushy pegs. Incidentally she made a comment about how ridiculously thick skinned Boo is (well we all know that) & when I confessed I really struggled initially with penicillin injections she said she was not at all surprised

Boo had her Novibac earlier in the week. Becky says she is the perfect weight & was really happy with her tushy pegs. Incidentally she made a comment about how ridiculously thick skinned Boo is (well we all know that) & when I confessed I really struggled initially with penicillin injections she said she was not at all surprised

Well done beautiful Boo :thumb:

I'm pretty sure my Boobly needs another dental :( Dropping food & only mouthing hay

Becky is in surgery so I've left message for her to call me back. there is space on surgery list tomorrow - I anticipate she'll be on it

I'm pretty sure my Boobly needs another dental :( Dropping food & only mouthing hay

Becky is in surgery so I've left message for her to call me back. there is space on surgery list tomorrow - I anticipate she'll be on it

:( Give me a shout if I can help with transport.

...I'd up for a coffee at Sophie's on the way back;) (and you'd be doing me a favour as I need someone to witness my signature on a legal document...)

:( Give me a shout if I can help with transport.

...I'd up for a coffee at Sophie's on the way back;) (and you'd be doing me a favour as I need someone to witness my signature on a legal document...)

That's such a sweet offer but i know you've much more pressing uses of your time. I can sort your signature tho & coffee out would be lovely (quite adventurous for me these days)

That's such a sweet offer but i know you've much more pressing uses of your time. I can sort your signature tho & coffee out would be lovely (quite adventurous for me these days)

Work is quiet (holidays), Mum's in hospital so genuinely no bother but the coffee and catch up we really should do. You might not feel like it same day as Boo's dental but please be assured I be very happy to take you to HG1 if you would let me.

Work is quiet (holidays), Mum's in hospital so genuinely no bother but the coffee and catch up we really should do. You might not feel like it same day as Boo's dental but please be assured I be very happy to take you to HG1 if you would let me.

That would be amazing if you are really, really sure? I'm sorry to hear your mum is in hospital

Sorry Boo needs another dental, sending lots of vibes for the op.

I’m sorry your mum is in hospital:cry: what a lovely offer :love:

Sorry Boo needs another dental, really hope that goes well for her. I am in the same boat at the moment, Treacle is booked in for Wednesday -sigh :(

That would be amazing if you are really, really sure? I'm sorry to hear your mum is in hospital

Definitely sure. The kindness you and Jane showed last year when I was at a very low ebb made a massive difference to me. Honestly, let me know when and where, I haven't had a proper conversation with a decent human being in months!

Back