• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Boo's dental thread

Goodness me! Well done Becky for finding that and rooting it out! I bet Boo is going to feel so much better now that's gone.

I'm pleased the dentals went well for both of them. Lots of vibes winging their way over from London that they'll be firing on all cylinders before too long.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Wow, no wonder it was always oozing pus :shock: I’m so glad she found it, I bet Boo will feel better once it has healed up. Sending lots of vibes for a speedy recovery:thumb:

Oh gosh, thank goodness Becky has removed it, poor Boo reacting under anaesthetic - sending gentle, gentle get well soon vibes to both of them.

Thank You to those who sent Boo & Joey vibes & messages of support. I thought I'd update here as I find it useful to re-read my bunnies health threads.

Well they both had their dentals today, the need for which was picked up at their RHVD2 health check.
Joey was straightforward, jaggedy spurs which were filed. He had no sores / ulcers
Boo's teeth were looking long on the opposite side to what was previously problematic so they needed a little trim back so she was booked in.

Anyhoooo look what super star vet Becky found

M2PVorfl.jpg
[/IMG]

2w8YZVYl.jpg
[/IMG]

a very smelly & rotten tooth in the cavity that was always discarging pus. No wonder antibiotics didn't clear it. poor baby coping with that all the time. Becky said Boo even reacted under anaesthetic when it was taken out so it must have hurt

Back home they've had a little hay, now snoozing together, looking a little bit sorry for themselves

I was staring at that for ages and only knew what it was when you said it was a tooth :shock:

Poor Boo!

I hope recovery continues to be good. You must have nerves of steel!

I hope she feels much better with that out of her mouth, and hope they make super quick recoveries from their dentals :)

Thank You guys. They are doing ok. I was worried about Joey last night, I think he found the whole experience mega stressful :( He was fast breathing & not eating much . Loads of his & mouseys poos all over the floor this morning. His are actually good shape, colour & consistency, just a bit smaller. As we know Boobly turns in to a human at midnight. She slept in her underbed lair the whole night, I had to bring her down at 9:30. She worries me that girl. She has way better bladder control than me. It was a lol moment when she bombed in to the litter tray to have the longest wee ever with the most serious of expressions. Generally she is eating fine, possibly a little subdued - she was last night.

So recovery is a little slower than usual but I'm ok with their progress. These 2 really do highlight how differently bunnies cope. Boo just gets on with stuff, Joey is clearly a very sensitive soul indeed xx

Mouseypie is over the moon polishing off the multitude of offerings to Joe. I'm lucky she is the thin one with a rocking digestive system. She is poop queen

Thank You all. Scrappy they are in snoozy mode so I've had to take a break from poo assessment & dietary monitoring. Here they are now, they seem ok

GiYMZYtl.jpg

Back