• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PLEASE HELP soft and deadly pet carrier to blame or...?

I'm so very sorry to read of your loss :cry: I'm sending comforting vibes your way at this very sad time.

Please try to be kind to yourselves. Questioning our care of a passed pet is something fairly everyone here can understand and is part of the grieving of a lost companion. It seems to me that Teddybuns had a wonderful life with you and your daughter and was very well cared for and loved. I know something like this is not how we imagine our parting with such a dear one to be, but I can't add anything wiser than what folks here have already posted. It may have just been his time, and we can't always be with them or know what is going on within them. Rabbits are prey animals and very adept at hiding illness from us.

I, too, live in the US. I no longer have my rabbits, as they all passed away last year and I still miss them all very much. :( I was with them almost constantly, but they still all only lived to be 9-10 years of age and that is pretty good for house bunnies.

I'm sure Teddy knew he was dearly loved and cherished. That is the most anybun could possibly want. I hope in time your memories of him will bring smiles instead of tears, he will never leave your hearts and it is there that he lives on.

Sleep well and sweet dreams, Teddybuns.

so true mimzmum and well said.. everything you have shared has touched my heart and eased my distress.. your thoughtfulness and understanding mean more than you know!

thanks to all my new bun friends, bun mums and grandmums..

my heartfelt thanks to everyone who took time to read a newbie post and offer comfort, wisdom, or just help me cry.. teddybuns will always be a part of our fur-amily he will fur-ever have a place in our hearts. (by this stage my daughter seems to be handling this better than her mom, for whom another could not "fix" just not there yet but will get there, for her sake in her time.) what's amazing to me has been realizing just how much personality such a tiny voiceless creature can have! teddybuns and i got off on a poor foot as initially i cleaned his cages = stole his boom booms. make no buns about it, he clearly preferred and adored my daughter~ would have let her string him up by the heels~but had little use for me or anyone else and on occasion, had even bitten me 0.0 and so it became a one-way unrequited love. yet i derived so much joy thru the years from my daughter's ever playful interaction with him~her furry appendage appears in countless childhood photos and vids with her thru the years; and even days home alone had grown so accustomed to his antics and albeit aloof but constant presence. then in the eves as i lay in bed my daughter would carry him into my room, plop him on to my covers where he would race over to hop up onto my chest~ still facing away from me like the true alpha dom he was~and permit me to pet him.. but he made sure i knew my place ;) and we had other moments too.. like the time either i summoned the courage and/or he had a moment of weakness and permitted me to hold and slow dance with him ("Tangled Up With Teedy" which my daughter memorialized in a video). he may have been tiny but my grandbun had huge bunny swag, a great heart and is mightily missed. thanks for caring and bearing with my long story, all your babies are adorable and you are a warm and fuzzy bunch of bun-mums

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss, he sounded like a wonderful little bunny, what lovely memories he has left on your hearts forever to treasure xx

He's sounds like an amazing character. WhenI lost my little Toffee bun 18 months ago, I sat and wriote his life story, every little detail I could remember, things he did to make me smile and laugh out loud. I never want to forget anything, and this helped me keep his memory alive. Maybe it could help you and your daughter xxxx

He's sounds like an amazing character. WhenI lost my little Toffee bun 18 months ago, I sat and wriote his life story, every little detail I could remember, things he did to make me smile and laugh out loud. I never want to forget anything, and this helped me keep his memory alive. Maybe it could help you and your daughter xxxx

thanks that's a good idea for my daughter or myself (actually I'm the one with the memory impairment) thankfully we do have all the photos/videos taken by both myself and esp my daughter (but which we've been as of now unable to watch). she said she was also planning to write teddybuns a letter when she wasn't so upset, but i will mention this to her as well thank you petsmum

Last edited:
Im so sorry to read of this, what a shock for you. It sounds like he had such a great life with you. Binkyfree Teddybuns xx

Back