Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking About Failed Bond is So Upsetting

Craig thank you for a very touching reply. I am so so sorry you had to say goodbye to both Georgina and Ben and so close together, how heartbreaking I looked at your pics of Lillian, she is beautiful and reminds me of my gentle Cody who was a gorgeous harlequin lop also. Yes loosing a bun breaks our hearts and yes they remain in our hearts forever. I hope your pain can ease in time also.

Nickybunny you always do your very best for your bunnies, and nothing was your fault, you shouldn't blame yourself. I'm sure your bunnies were very happy and knew just how much they were loved.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thank you Zoobec xx
    Lance got your wings 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016. Oliver my gentle baby boy, hope you have found the others, 30th July 2017. Will never forget you all my angels.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I think you did absolutely right by Oliver throughout his life & he was a very lucky bun to have a carer so sensitive to his needs. I'm not convinced bunnies bonding has much to do with the bonder, I'm more inclined to believe like us there are those you instantly connect with, those that grow on you over time & those you'd just really rather not spend any time with - ever. The gap between those who will get on in time & those who have the potential to fight to the death is a massively scary one as who really knows. You have to go with your instincts & keep your bunny safe which is what you did. Bonding some of my rabbits has definately been amongst the most daunting of my life experiences. If you were to ask what could I have done to make Olivers life in any way better, my honest answer would be nothing.

I hope you get rabbits again in the future - I reckon it'd be great for them & you xx

Thank you so much Joey, I found your post very comforting. I just asked my husband there now did he think Darcy (the Femake Rex) would have seriously hurt Oliver and he agreed that he thought she would. We both thought this at the time as well. His safety was my priorty and she was 2kg bigger as well. If anything had of happened to him I would never have forgiven myself. Thank you Joey, maybe in time we will get a pair , when I have my health sorted. I can't help but love bunnies so much xxx
    Lance got your wings 31/7/13. I will never forget u my gentle sensitive soul x x x Rosie my beautiful baby girl. . Said goodbye on 6/7/15. Brave Code, u made us so proud my gentle boy. Hope all of you is working now my snuffler,
    22 August 2016. Oliver my gentle baby boy, hope you have found the others, 30th July 2017. Will never forget you all my angels.

So sorry you are feeling so low, nothing to add that hasnt been said. Just wanted to add a ((((hug))))

Thank you Cubert & Dillon x