• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toby the Cat is at the Bridge

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Today my nephew's cat, Toby, had to be helped to the bridge. I met my nephew and his mom(my sister) at the vets when I got the call that Toby the Cat was in kidney failure and the best thing to do was to put him to sleep.
My nephew first met his cat when he was less than five years old and playing at a local playground. Toby came up to my nephew and since other people were around it was unclear if the cat was a stray or if there was a nearby owner. The following day, the same cat was at the playground and again approached my nephew. My nephew wanted to keep the cat as his very own cat. My sister was reluctant because she already had two cats, one she inherited from my mom, and a stray that came to her family during a cold snowy day. When no owner could be located, my nephew prevailed and Toby was allowed inside with the other two cats. I first saw Toby as my sister and nephew were finishing Toby's bath. I soon noticed he had several ticks on his head/ears. When he went to the vet the next morning they removed the ticks from Toby and sent my sister home with tick treatment for all three cats.

Toby had a good life. He was an affectionate cat and received a lot of good care and love in return.

My heart broke today as my nephew had tears pouring down his face as he held his beloved pet of over a decade. He and I then left while his mom held Toby for the last time. I knew that my sister and nephew did the right thing; yet it hurt so much to see how deeply it impacted my teenage nephew. He grew up with Toby and Toby loved him too. I am proud of my nephew for accepting that sometimes you have to do what is best for your pet, even if it hurts your heart.

So sorry that your nephew lost his friend, he sounds a very caring lad bless him. Toby obviously recognised that, as he chose your nephew to be his companion. R.i.P. Toby xxxx

I'm so sorry:cry: it is so hard for children who have grown up with a family pet to lose them :cry: thinking of you all and sending hugs xx

I am so sorry for your nephew's loss :cry:
My son, although he's 28, had to say goodbye to his feline companion of many years back in 2016. She also had to be pts due to kidney failure. My own cat is in end stage as well and a decision will need to be made soon. It is a cruel disease. :cry:

I think sometimes the companions we miss the most are the ones from our formative years. I wish our dear friends could go on for longer and in better health. Especially these wonderful kitties. :(

You are all in my thoughts as you mourn for this dear friend.
Run free Toby xxxxxxx

Today my nephew's cat, Toby, had to be helped to the bridge. I met my nephew and his mom(my sister) at the vets when I got the call that Toby the Cat was in kidney failure and the best thing to do was to put him to sleep.
My nephew first met his cat when he was less than five years old and playing at a local playground. Toby came up to my nephew and since other people were around it was unclear if the cat was a stray or if there was a nearby owner. The following day, the same cat was at the playground and again approached my nephew. My nephew wanted to keep the cat as his very own cat. My sister was reluctant because she already had two cats, one she inherited from my mom, and a stray that came to her family during a cold snowy day. When no owner could be located, my nephew prevailed and Toby was allowed inside with the other two cats. I first saw Toby as my sister and nephew were finishing Toby's bath. I soon noticed he had several ticks on his head/ears. When he went to the vet the next morning they removed the ticks from Toby and sent my sister home with tick treatment for all three cats.

Toby had a good life. He was an affectionate cat and received a lot of good care and love in return.

My heart broke today as my nephew had tears pouring down his face as he held his beloved pet of over a decade. He and I then left while his mom held Toby for the last time. I knew that my sister and nephew did the right thing; yet it hurt so much to see how deeply it impacted my teenage nephew. He grew up with Toby and Toby loved him too. I am proud of my nephew for accepting that sometimes you have to do what is best for your pet, even if it hurts your heart.

I am so sorry to hear of your Family's bereavement :cry: Toby was obviously a very much loved Cat and I am sure that you will all always remember him.

RIP Toby xx

I'm so sorry to hear this. Losing a loved one is always so very sad, especially when you've known them a long time.

Run free Toby :love:

I am so sorry to read this :cry: I am quite sure that Toby the Cat had a wonderful life with the carer of his own choosing. Sending my best wishes to you all.

Back