Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aghhhhh!!! I've e-mailed Fat Fluffs Rescue about possibly adopting Drax! :)

Quote Originally Posted by CometLucy195 View Post
    Patience is a virtue it's true, but Ive never been very good at it. If I was in Natalie's position, I'd have already rung them/emailed them again. I'd be terrible, especially with a rabbit involved. When I saw Dave, I was so worried he'd be adopted by someone else, I went back an hour after I saw him. He was home with me that day! Lol
    lol, I totally know what you mean. I think if I haven't heard by Wednesday next week, I'll probably ring or mail again. But at least I've registered my interest so we're in with a chance.

Quick update - unfortunately Drax had already been adopted - even though on the website it didn't even show him as reserved. I must admit I was quite upset when I found out but I had to give myself a good talking to and remind myself that as long as we find a loving partner for Caramel that's the main thing - not adopting the first bunny I happen to fall in love with!

Soooo we are still slowly proceeding. At the moment they only seem to have bonded, or young bunnies up for adoption so I'll wait. (Although I am also browsing bunnies in other rescues). Because of Caramel's heart condition and the need to keep her as calm and stress free as possible I've decided that, when we do find a suitable friend for Caramel and with loads of advice from the rescue, I'll do the bonding myself. We can empty out the spare bedroom here to create the neutral territory and take it from there.

I've also e-mailed our vet for her advice about bonding Caramel, bearing her heart problem in mind.

Sorry for the delay in giving an update but inbetween times I had a health scare and had to have a bunch of tests done in hospital, so that kind of caused me to lose my focus a bit - all's okay now though (phew - scare over) and I'm back on track

Ah I can understand your disappointment when you were so keen on Drax. Hopefully that means he wasn’t the right bunny but the right one will come along very soon

That's a shame about Drax, but it means he wasn't the right bunny for Caramel (that's how I try to look at things anyway). Sorry to hear that you've had a health scare too, I hope you're feeling 100% now. Hugs for you and nose rubs for caramel x