• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to tell if a male is neutered

patsy81

New Kit
Hello! I have a male rabbit that was given to me because the former owner couldn't take care of him. He is awesome, but I was wondering if there is any way to tell by looking if he has been fixed. I want to get another rabbit for him so he has company while I'm at work and found a male at a rabbit rescue that I really like. But I heard that if my rabbit isn't fixed he may be aggressive to another male and I don't want that.

How old is he? A male rabbit over about 3 months old would have quite obvious testicles.
Are you sure it is a boy? Mistakes on gender are quite common.

The best bet would be to get him checked out by a vet, and discus vaccination at the same time. I'm assuming he hasn't been vaccinated, or you would have a vaccination card and you could ring the surgery named on the card to find out his other history (eg neutering).

Bunnies like having a bunny friend, so it is a really good idea looking in rescues for another. Un-neutered rabbits can get very aggressive with each other - so bonding should be done when both have been neutered a few weeks previously and are less hormonal.

Back