• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Edith has gone off Excel pellets

ImoT

Mama Doe
So I’ve been feeding both Winston and Edith Excel pellets since I got them both in 2014. They’ve both loved them up until now, when Edith seems to have gone off them in the morning. They get bowl of veg/herbs after their pellets and she still loves that, and she does seem to be eating her evening serving of pellets.

Do you think I should switch them over to something else? Maybe science selective? Also, should Edith be getting pellets for ‘mature’ bunnies as she is 5? I noticed in science selective bags it says mature is 4+. Or shall I just stick with Excel and accept Edith doesn’t really fancy them in the morning?

Rabbits don't tend to go off their food for no reason. I would keep an eye on her and her poohs. Personally I wouldn't worry about changing their food at the moment.

Rabbits don't tend to go off their food for no reason. I would keep an eye on her and her poohs. Personally I wouldn't worry about changing their food at the moment.

Thank you tonibun. She is still not very interested in her morning pellets. But still eating herbs and veg and her evening pellets! Very strange. Her poos seem fine. There re a few little ones occasionally but they could be Winston’s. We are keeping a close eye on them both.

Back