• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My beautiful girl...

Re: sympathy

honeybunny said:
dont think of it as replacing Heidi but as giving another bunny a chance for a space in your heart in honour of her.

Exactly. I know it feels really callous that the first thing you do after your bunny has died is to go out and get another one, but you're just doing what's best for the bunny that's been left behind.

James buried her today under the huge plum tree in the back garden. He put a rose and a carrot in with her.
Sad day for us.

I will think about another bun. I just can't imagine finding one I like as much. It will have to be a rescue bunny who needs us as much as we need her. We can all take it slow and make friends.

I am really sorry to hear this sad news, Heidi was a real stunner. My thoughts r with u at this sad time. Like so many who have loved and lost, they are always in our thoughts but forever in our heart.

Andrea, I don't know of anything to say to you that will make things better and I am not good at expressing my feelings over things like this. Just wanted to add to the list of all the people that share in your sadness and your loss.

Best wishes

Bob

my beautifull girl

So sorry to hear the news.How awfull- it happened so quickly it must have been a seizure or something like that.We a re all thinking of you at this sad time
Lynne

Oh Andrea, I am so dreadfully sorry about Heidi, I hadn't looked at this post until now as I didn't imagine it would be so awful. I know EXACTLY what you mean about wishing that you could have just ONE more cuddle and say good-bye, I just didn't feel that I said good-bye to Charlie and it still hurts but the pain does get easier. I also know what you mean about not being able to love another bunny as much, Charlie was my best boy and nobody will ever replace him! But I do love the others dearly.

I though Polly looked lonely at first without him and I daresay she was a bit bewildered but she seems fine and dandy now and, to be honest, at the moment I can't face the inevitable fisticuffs that an attempt at bonding will produce!

My heart goes out to you, she was such a beautiful girl and you must only have had a short time with her: let's hope that she is skipping at Rainbow Bridge with William and Charlie! Look after yourself!

Andrea I am so sorry to read this post. What a dreadful weekend for you. I just want to say that I am thinking of you and hope each day becomes more bearable.

Little Heidi was beautiful. Remember that she had a lovely lucky life with you and that is important.

x

Holly Go-Lightly said:
I will think about another bun. I just can't imagine finding one I like as much. It will have to be a rescue bunny who needs us as much as we need her. We can all take it slow and make friends.

I think it's important for your other bunny to have a friend again - as Bertie said, Chips found it very stressful to be on his own once Daddy was gone, but he perked up again once Cassidy arrived.

A new rabbit isn't in any way a replacement or a substitute. It's another relationship. Just see if there's one that your bunny likes at any nearby rescues.

hi andrea

i truly feel for you. about 3 yrs ago we woke to find our snoop had passed away unexpectedly & it was terrible to find him. i still wish i had been with him when it had happened so he wasnt alone. i know its cliche but time is a real healer. the pain never truly goes & even now i hurt a little when i think of him.

:) but now i have 4 beautiful darlings, 3 from rescue centres that my fella and i adore. we were apprehensive about taking on more rabbits but after a little time we found there are so many in need with their own personalities that we just had to get back on the horse so to speak.

take care xx :wink:

Back