• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My beautiful girl...

Poor little cheese.

Great advice Bertie. Thanks very much.
I can't imagine loving another bun at the moment. It hurts too much when they go. I am hoping I that I will change my mind when I look on rabbit re-home.
She was just so little and Toby is such a character. They worm their way into your heart and you can't do anything about it.

I want her back so much. Just 1 more cuddle.

Oh my God that must have been so awful for you. I'm totally ignorant and did not realise such things could happen to our precious buns. A real wake up call. Lots of love and hugs

so sorry to hear about your loss - it is devestating when they die so suddenly, bobs died after a long illness buet Leela died very suddenly and that was much worse.

I really feel for your loss and will send you reiki to help.

with much love

maria

I am so sorry to hear this, it must have been awful for you, what a dreadfull thing to happen. Thank goodness you were at home and could be with her at that momment. Sending big hugs out to you and thinking of you.

riaob1 said:
so sorry to hear about your loss - it is devestating when they die so suddenly, bobs died after a long illness buet Leela died very suddenly and that was much worse.

I really feel for your loss and will send you reiki to help.

with much love

maria

Thank you Maria. Tonight was very difficult for James and I. Our closest friends live next door on either side. One of them has been diagnosed with very serious cancer and both she and her partner are suffering terribly. It is so dreadful when you can't do anything. Her "husband" came around tonight to collect thier supper and he is just in so much shock, it huurts to look him in the eye. It put things in perspective for James and I. We feel bad for having such strong feelings for "just a rabbit" but we can't help it. And bloody hell, when it rains, it pours.

All of your thoughts, prayers and energy are very much appreciated right now. I am feeling very small and not in control of anything.

I am so so so sorry to hear about your fluffy friend today! There really wasn't anything you could have done. Toby is really old and as much as I hate the thought I know that his time is approaching, nor matter how much you prepare for the worst its always awful. :cry:

really sad for your loss and don't feel bad for feeling so sad, she was part of your family. huge hug and cuddle. x

:cry: Andrea, I'm so sorry to hear about Heidi. She was a sweetheart. At least you were with her when she died. Please take comfort it the fact she had a short but lovely life with you, something many rabbits don't get the chance of.

I am really sorry it is so hard when you have to see it happen when fudge went after a short illness i put him in his basket to go to the vet and he went like that was dead in 1 min.Not some thing i ever want to see again take care.

Oh Andrea, I've just been reading your posts and I just feel for you both so much, I lost both of my beautiful boys just over 10 months ago within weeks of each other, believe me the hurt and pain gets easier, just take things a day at a time. Sending, love and big hugs for you all. As the others have said we are here for you, take care xx

sympathy

What an awful thing to happen. I'm so sorry.
I agree with others on here who say your other bunny will not grieve like a human and will benefit from a new partner ..dont think of it as replacing Heidi but as giving another bunny a chance for a space in your heart in honour of her.

Iam so sorry to hear whats happened to your beautifull bunny,as others have said you must not blame yourself.i know very much how you are feeling its nearly a month since i lost william i still think about him everyday i still cant belive he has gone. Everyday it will get easy i never thought it would but trust me i feel 10 times better than i did at the time.
take care
marie

Andrea - sending you a huge hug - what sad news and what a beautiful girlie she was.

I can only ditto everything already said here but she was so lucky to have found you and had a mum who loved and cared for her.

Thinking of you.

Back