• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Groups?

Alicia

Mama Doe
Does anyone have large groups of rabbits living together? Can you share photos? Is it really difficult to do? I’ve noticed most people only seem to have pairs

sorry I don't have any experience but I currently have 2 happy house bunnies, and have also fell in love with a rescue bun.. My head is saying no don't be silly, but my heart strings are certainly pulling! So I'm also interested to what people say! :)

Last edited:
I once had a quad of bunnies, I bonded 2 pairs (2 brothers and 2 unrelated sisters) they lived very happily together:love:

I don't have any personal experience of it but I've always loved the idea,when I'm able to have several buns I'd like to try it! I want 3 different large groups - a group of free range house buns, a group of aviary buns, and then a group in a large pen (like half an acre) with bird netting over the top, plus the perimeter guarded by livestock guardian dogs since it'd be pretty impossible to raccoon/fox/etc proof half an acre.

Sorry, I'm not much help, just wanted to say I share your interest in large groups! :love: I know there's been people on this forum with a group of 8 or more buns :) I imagine the more space the easier it is to have a happily bonded large group but that's just a guess.

Camp Nibble keep their resident buns in groups - I recall chatting about it & with them as obviously bunnies came & went (passed on) but they always managed ok - mind you she is a very accomplished bunny bonder

Omi will be bonding her group of 5 tomorrow - you may well get to have someones experience of it as it happens

I'd love more bunnies but I don't think I could cope with a large group in the house - I think the more you have the messier they get. Joey & Boo were impeccable with their toilet habits til Mouse came along & it certainly isn't Mouse responsible for much of it.

Who was it that had oodles of buns living in her garden and they'd formed themselves into living in top, middle and bottom garden groups? She had Captain Carrot (named from the discworld books) and wrote a really funny Christmas book, think it was called the Xmas Files? I'm pretty sure her real name was Nicky.

I'd love more bunnies but I don't think I could cope with a large group in the house - I think the more you have the messier they get. Joey & Boo were impeccable with their toilet habits til Mouse came along & it certainly isn't Mouse responsible for much of it.
It's funny about toilet habits. I've complained on here about Willow using the entire run as a toilet. Since Parsley died she only uses one corner of the run and doesn't wee or poo in the shed at all.

It's funny about toilet habits. I've complained on here about Willow using the entire run as a toilet. Since Parsley died she only uses one corner of the run and doesn't wee or poo in the shed at all.

Omi had similar - Tethra becoming a tidy boy once he was on his own

Omi will be bonding her group of 5 tomorrow - you may well get to have someones experience of it as it happens

My quad were cleaner as a quad than 2 pairs! Although they went from 2 hutch/run combos to a shed and aviary run so maybe it was that.

Interesting. How was Boots & how is Frosty - I'm guessing very clean?

Boots was very clean, but left the odd stray poop. Frosty is pretty much the same :love: although when we brought Boots home at first it was a sea of poops everywhere, but each day the tide line of poops shrank back towards the litter tray :lol:

Boots was very clean, but left the odd stray poop. Frosty is pretty much the same :love: although when we brought Boots home at first it was a sea of poops everywhere, but each day the tide line of poops shrank back towards the litter tray :lol:

good boys :love:

I had a six once although they had two separate sleeping areas as neither of them were big enough for a six. They chose who slept where and it wasn't always the same buns in the same place. The huge benefit to having a group like that was that when one went to the Bridge the others still had each other to help them get over it. I only have three of them left now but am hoping to adopt a fourth once I have updated their accommodation as I think a quad works better than a trio.

I have 6 together and litter training is non existent now [emoji90] [emoji90] and it’s amazing how much poo they create. I love watching them all together but a quad was easier to manage and it can be quite difficult spotting who is producing smaller poos, not eating as much, etc, when they’re all in together. It was a nightmare with 5 dosing them all with panacur for 28 days too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back