• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New friends for Tethra

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
I will be collecting a family of four 2 year old Dutch crosses tomorrow (3m+1f) with the hope of bonding them with Tethra :shock: I will leave them overnight and if they appear settled on Sunday I will be putting them together in a puppy pen in an unheated upstairs bedroom and hopefully leaving them together. If and when it all goes well, I will put the 5 of them outside in the shed.

I must admit the closer it gets to the "event", the more crazy the idea, that it could work, seems :lol: Tethra of course is strutting round his accommodation as though he's loving every minute of being on his own :roll:

I went for a long walk this afternoon in the thought that I don't know when I will next be able to leave the bedroom :lol:

Oh my goodness, how exciting! I've absolutely everything crossed for a smooth bond and I'm looking forward to the updates [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be collecting a family of four 2 year old Dutch crosses tomorrow (3m+1f) with the hope of bonding them with Tethra :shock: I will leave them overnight and if they appear settled on Sunday I will be putting them together in a puppy pen in an unheated upstairs bedroom and hopefully leaving them together. If and when it all goes well, I will put the 5 of them outside in the shed.

I must admit the closer it gets to the "event", the more crazy the idea, that it could work, seems :lol: Tethra of course is strutting round his accommodation as though he's loving every minute of being on his own :roll:

I went for a long walk this afternoon in the thought that I don't know when I will next be able to leave the bedroom :lol:

I hope you have a bell to summon room service :lol:

Everything crossed for the bonding.
The quad are lucky to be coming to you :love:

You know where I am if you need anything at all x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well we're home :D I think they're even cuter than when I first saw them, but I think I'd think that about most if not all rabbits :lol:

Although they appear to be very chilled and all of them have been grooming and eating hay, there has been a bit of chasing, which I'm putting down to the one and a half hour journey and ending up in an unfamiliar place. I hope they've settled a bit by the morning. Tethra is almost double their size!

Oh and we're in the unheated kitchen now as it has no carpet on the floor. It certainly doesn't feel very warm even with several extra layers on :lol:

Glad you got them home safely:thumb: one of my bridge pairs, that subsequently became half of my quad, that I collected from a rescue years ago were chasing when I got them home! It was worse at pellet o’clock so I scatter fed and after that first evening they were fine.

Glad you got them home safely:thumb: one of my bridge pairs, that subsequently became half of my quad, that I collected from a rescue years ago were chasing when I got them home! It was worse at pellet o’clock so I scatter fed and after that first evening they were fine.

Thanks, Zoobec :) Yes, all seems quiet this morning with the four. Will be having some breakfast and then trying to get to grips with this bonding malarky :lol:

Ohhh I wish we had live bunny cam at your house Omi. It will be fascinating watching the dynamics between 5. Be brave & strong Omi - hope it goes / is going well

I have to hand it to you Omi, you don't do things by half! First bond and straight in with a quintet! [emoji38]

Anyhoo, good luck for today and I shall be impatiently checking this thread for updates. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back