• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would a rescue..

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Consider letting me bond a trio? I would love for some bun to join them. I want more bunnies but can't spare anymore of my bedrooms :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I think it completely depends on the rescue, Camp Nibble were happy for me to take Mouse with that ambition but I've heard of rescues reluctant to do any kind of group or same sex pairing - or am I thinkin about the RSPCA:lol: I reckon most would

I think it completely depends on the rescue, Camp Nibble were happy for me to take Mouse with that ambition but I've heard of rescues reluctant to do any kind of group or same sex pairing - or am I thinkin about the RSPCA[emoji38] I reckon most would
That's good, did you take mouse home or did you take your bunnies to the rescue?

That's good, did you take mouse home or did you take your bunnies to the rescue?

I kinda fell in love with Mouse, so we discussed suitability first then I took Boo & Joey to meet her (I'm quite a fan of letting prospective partners meet )

Really mixed. The only ones that seemed actually open to he idea were ARC in twickenham and Swindon Rabbit Rescue (where Blue came from - they bonded him into the trio).

I won’t name names, but one Rescue was quite condescending to me for even suggesting two males could be bonded into a trio. This was after I had already had two trios with two males in, the boys being inseparable.

I’m surprised some don’t allow it, the rescue I volunteer at would certainly be happy for a trio (or more!) to be formed.

I have found mixed reactions too, although the vast majority were in favour. One said they wouldn't let me rescue a m/f pair to bond with Tethra because they thought if the trio bond failed it might also affect the original pair's bond.

If I were you I would ask the rescues closest to you and see what they say.

Back