Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burgess Supa Rabbit Excel

Warren Veteran

Well done you Nicloa for taking such good care of her. By the way, how did you find out she had cancer?
    Jill

Thanku I'm trying to do the best I can for her, she is such a lovely bunny, that's why I wanted to take her on foster as I knew she would get more freedom and have a lovely time until she gets iller.

Well she came into the rescue as a stray and had mammary lumps so she was sent down to the vets to get the lumps removed and to be spayed at the same time. The lumps were sent away for analysis (took ages!!) and they came back as her having cancer, think it's in early stages. Her lumps have started to grow back now so monitoring their size. The lab notes that came back were rather complicated - lots of long words!
    We couldn't rehome her because of this, so I offered to foster her, I can't have another rabbit 'forever' as it were, so it was nice to be able to offer her a home for however long she has left, which I'm hoping will be a good few months if not longer!

That's Princess's story to date Hungry, adorable munchkin, would eat fingers as well as the veg at the other end if she could lol.

Nicola x

Hello nicolar. Sorry to hear about your poorly bunny Those mammary tumours are a damn nuisance, I've had pet rats have them and despite having them removed, the flaming things grow back
    I hope she still has plenty of time left yet.

My buns eat Excel junior and dwarf and they relish every mouthful. They also get plenty of hay and supa forage which they also enjoy, along with a selection of fresh veggies. I'm sure feeding them a decent diet makes their fur shine and eyes twinkle I also had a bun who hated Excel but loved Supreme Science! I have two fussy guinea pigs who refuse to eat the Excel supa guinea, but love Gerty guinea pig. Sometimes animals just don't know what's good for them!

I know, I'm sure they do it to be awkward sometimes!lol Nevermind I'm happy as long as they are healthy Princess is doing really well on the Excel, can't get enough of it and her coat is so soft and shiny. I sure hope she has a while left, the mammary tumours are very annoying growing back again!

I am going to try my other two on Supreme Science as they wouldn't touch the Excel! I don't hold out much hope though! They love the mix they are on at the mo so I'm not too worried as soft coats all round - not much mix given, lots of hay and veggies and just bought the Supa Forage to give to my three girlies. Seems that lots of people use it, I hope the buns like it!

One question, just thought of, I have a 5 year old Rex (cross but mostly Rex!) and sometimes when she licks herself her fur dries hard, anybody else had this problem? It doesn't bother her and doesn't happen all the time as I went to pick her up yesterday and her coat was lovely and silky. She has been on Baytril lately, could that have affected her in this way?

Nicola