• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbits have gone bonkers!

Rabbitnovice

Young Bun
Hi, my rabbits are almost a year old and they have suddenly started acting really mad. They have started trying to mount each other (they are male and female, the male has been neutered). They are digging in everything, litter tray, food bowls, skirting boards)! The male in particular is being a bit bolshy, trying to take the dustpan away when i’m Trying to sweep their enclosure out, head butting etc.
They are both happily racing round the house and are always leaping about and kind of twisting in the air (not sure that’s normal). Basically they’re driving me mad, bring back my quiet and polite rabbits!!!
Do rabbits generally turn crazy at this age?

Hi, my rabbits are almost a year old and they have suddenly started acting really mad. They have started trying to mount each other (they are male and female, the male has been neutered). They are digging in everything, litter tray, food bowls, skirting boards)! The male in particular is being a bit bolshy, trying to take the dustpan away when i’m Trying to sweep their enclosure out, head butting etc.
They are both happily racing round the house and are always leaping about and kind of twisting in the air (not sure that’s normal). Basically they’re driving me mad, bring back my quiet and polite rabbits!!!
Do rabbits generally turn crazy at this age?

Totally normal & a sign they are happy, that's what you call a binky. Maybe they have spring fever early. Either way it sounds like they are having fun & enjoying life

It's due to the time of year and the fact that your female is not spayed, so she is getting hormonal.

Back