• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

has anyone try Amazon Tonic III on their rabbit to shrink a tumor?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
as anyone try Amazon Tonic III on their rabbit to shrink a tumor? I read this from a website called cancertutor, it says " it can create a large hole where the tumor used to be. Do NOT use this protocol for tumors in the throat or any other dangerous location."

So in my case, my bun's tumor is on his side. So I wonder if this is doable as the vet already said chemo is not an option due to his age. So I have to dig alternative treatment options.

https://www.cancertutor.com/shrinktumors/

as anyone try Amazon Tonic III on their rabbit to shrink a tumor? I read this from a website called cancertutor, it says " it can create a large hole where the tumor used to be. Do NOT use this protocol for tumors in the throat or any other dangerous location."

So in my case, my bun's tumor is on his side. So I wonder if this is doable as the vet already said chemo is not an option due to his age. So I have to dig alternative treatment options.

Jason, AFAIK there are no qualified 'Alternative' Veterinary Medicine Practitioners on RU. In the UK to prescribe any alternative treatment to an animal requires for the Prescriber to be qualified in conventional Veterinary Medicine too. Only in those circumstances, ie after consulting a qualified Vet who also uses 'alternative' treatments would I administer any non conventional treatments to a Rabbit in my care.

I never rule anything considered to be 'alternative treatment' out, that would be very short sighted, but neither am I one for believing things posted on the internet by people of whom I have no proof know what they are talking about. For example I have no idea of the accuracy or reliability of the information on the site you have highlighted in the link you have posted.

As you are asking others if they have any first hand experience of Amazon Tonic III being prescribed ( by a qualified Vet/Alternative Practitioner), for a Rabbit it is obvious you are doing your research and I hope that you will find something to help keep your Rabbit as comfortable as possible :)

The articles you suggest have no references at all, so you can't follow up any of the claims - they are also all aimed at humans, so the ingredients may not be safe for use on rabbits. As Jane suggests, you should go and discuss any other options with a qualified vet first.

Jason, I wouldn't 'go it alone' with these things. Have you any vets that are qualified to help you and discuss alternative treatments with you? This would be the way I would go.

Vets in the UK are conventionally qualified and then they study alternative modalities. They are then equipped to cover all eventualities and can be very helpful indeed.

I do understand your wish to help the healing, but a helping hand will go a long way.

In the end, I decided this item is too risky. THere are website from Australia that says this item is unsafe. Then there are website saying this item save their pets. But the risk is too high so I decided against it

In the end, I decided this item is too risky. THere are website from Australia that says this item is unsafe. Then there are website saying this item save their pets. But the risk is too high so I decided against it

I agree with you :) I would never try anything without the sanction of an experienced and qualified vet.

Back