• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Hair loss on nose

AlexandraLT

Warren Scout
I have just gone to clean out the buns and have noticed that one of them has a patch of hair missing from her nose.
She is a rescue rabbit so doesn’t like to be handled and is very timid so I can’t really get a full on proper look.
I was just wondering whether anyone knows what has caused this?
I will try to upload a photo when I work out how to!

I have just gone to clean out the buns and have noticed that one of them has a patch of hair missing from her nose.
She is a rescue rabbit so doesn’t like to be handled and is very timid so I can’t really get a full on proper look.
I was just wondering whether anyone knows what has caused this?
I will try to upload a photo when I work out how to!

Hi :wave:

These links may help you with posting photos:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...tos-directly-from-facebook-or-another-website

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?136183-Tutorial-How-to-Post-Photos

Photobucket isn't working, so you may have to register with Imgur or another photo-hosting site :)

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Fingers crossed this works!

Thanks for your reply and bump

If this is what it is, i guess its nothing to be worried about?

Thanks again

If it is a moult line then nothing to worry about (just the usual extra brushing & encouage lots of hay). Did you upload via photobucket (I'm wondering if not many people can see the image). Do the dark areas have fur breaking the surface - ie really short fur? No scaliness or white flecks?

try imgur.com :wave: its really simple. head there and just click "new post", then follow uploading from your computer. you'll want the "BBCODE" and just paste it straight into the reply. BBCODE is what RU uses for images, so no need to click insert image up the top.

I'm happy to provide screen shots if you need any help!

If it is a moult line then nothing to worry about (just the usual extra brushing & encouage lots of hay). Did you upload via photobucket (I'm wondering if not many people can see the image). Do the dark areas have fur breaking the surface - ie really short fur? No scaliness or white flecks?

Yeh, it looks like really short fur, i cant see any obvious white flecks and i've been pretty close, but dont really want to upset her trying to catch her, but i managed to make her stay still in exchange for some veg.

Back