Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tilikum

Default Tilikum

Hello i had not meant to get another pet , my dog died 16 years ago aged 16 , and i said never again , but adopted a chinchilla 5 years ago , because her previous owner could no longer look after her , and its been just us , but a year and a half ago i was in a pet shop buying bird seed , when i turned around a saw the cutest looking furball , literally fell in love on the spot , bought her there and then ,she was only 7 weeks old , named her Tilikum , brought her home , went out and purchased all manner of rabbit stuff , and she has been the best pet , she has had no health problems at all , last Saturday 13 Jan was fine all day binkying all over , Sunday morning was just sitting for ages like in a day dream , i kept calling her name but nothing , i crawled up beside her to nuzzle her ears which is what she liked but she didn't respond , kept stroking her head saying what's the matter pet , but she was just sitting , so i picked her up , and she went all limp and floppy in my arms , went to emergency 24 hour vets , and was told it didn't look good and they needed her to stay in and be put on a drip , they put her on 8 different tablets and heavily sedated her ,there was no change at all for 2 days then on Tuesday morning 16 Jan , the vets rang and said she vastly deteriorated , and they could not syringe feed her because she had lost the ability to swallow and was struggling breathing , so we had to make the heart wrenching decision to have her put to sleep . the vet barely got the needle in her and she just sighed took a last breath and that was it , gone in just a couple of days , i am completely devastated , have struggled to cope by myself , but i need a outlet , as all my family have dogs and they think there loss is greater than mine which is really hurtful , as she was my baby not there's , i get her ashes back this week and will be getting a pendant to put some of her ashes in so i will have her with me at all times , i rang the vets yesterday as i am beating myself up as to what happened so suddenly , he said all the signs were a brain tumour ,and that it could have happened at any time , i know pets don't live forever , but the grief is overwhelming , i just want to say to my baby , i am blessed you chose me to be your mummy and i will always treasure the time albeit short time we had together , r.i.p tilikum love you always xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Tilikum View Post
    Hello i had not meant to get another pet , my dog died 16 years ago aged 16 , and i said never again , but adopted a chinchilla 5 years ago , because her previous owner could no longer look after her , and its been just us , but a year and a half ago i was in a pet shop buying bird seed , when i turned around a saw the cutest looking furball , literally fell in love on the spot , bought her there and then ,she was only 7 weeks old , named her Tilikum , brought her home , went out and purchased all manner of rabbit stuff , and she has been the best pet , she has had no health problems at all , last Saturday 13 Jan was fine all day binkying all over , Sunday morning was just sitting for ages like in a day dream , i kept calling her name but nothing , i crawled up beside her to nuzzle her ears which is what she liked but she didn't respond , kept stroking her head saying what's the matter pet , but she was just sitting , so i picked her up , and she went all limp and floppy in my arms , went to emergency 24 hour vets , and was told it didn't look good and they needed her to stay in and be put on a drip , they put her on 8 different tablets and heavily sedated her ,there was no change at all for 2 days then on Tuesday morning 16 Jan , the vets rang and said she vastly deteriorated , and they could not syringe feed her because she had lost the ability to swallow and was struggling breathing , so we had to make the heart wrenching decision to have her put to sleep . the vet barely got the needle in her and she just sighed took a last breath and that was it , gone in just a couple of days , i am completely devastated , have struggled to cope by myself , but i need a outlet , as all my family have dogs and they think there loss is greater than mine which is really hurtful , as she was my baby not there's , i get her ashes back this week and will be getting a pendant to put some of her ashes in so i will have her with me at all times , i rang the vets yesterday as i am beating myself up as to what happened so suddenly , he said all the signs were a brain tumour ,and that it could have happened at any time , i know pets don't live forever , but the grief is overwhelming , i just want to say to my baby , i am blessed you chose me to be your mummy and i will always treasure the time albeit short time we had together , r.i.p tilikum love you always xxx
    I am so very sorry for your tragic loss Tilikum will remain in your heart forever.

RIP Tilikum

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF)- The UK'S biggest and best organisation for Rabbit lovers

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Rabbit Health and Diseases, a list of useful online information

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

Myxomatosis, RHD1 and RHD2- VACCINATION IS ESSENTIAL

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...60#post7041560

So very sorry that you lost Tilikum, and of course you are devastated, she was your Tilikum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilikum View Post

Welcome to the Forum

I am so sorry for your loss. Tilikum will remain in your heart forever, and has taken a chunk of yours to be with her

thank you all for your replies , its just the suddenness of it all , that i am finding hard to cope with , she had the run of the house , so every room i go in she has toys and bowls still there , just don't want to make it final , its a testament to her that in a year and a half , the impact she has made on my life is immeasurable xxx

I'm so very sorry for your loss thinking of you xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

I'm so so sorry for your loss, sending lots of hugs xxx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Wise Old Thumper

I am very sorry

I'm so sorry you lost your wee girl,binky free Tilikum.

I'm so very sorry. Sending hugs x