• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tilikum

Tilikum

New Kit
Hello i had not meant to get another pet , my dog died 16 years ago aged 16 , and i said never again , but adopted a chinchilla 5 years ago , because her previous owner could no longer look after her , and its been just us , but a year and a half ago i was in a pet shop buying bird seed , when i turned around a saw the cutest looking furball , literally fell in love on the spot , bought her there and then ,she was only 7 weeks old , named her Tilikum , brought her home , went out and purchased all manner of rabbit stuff , and she has been the best pet , she has had no health problems at all , last Saturday 13 Jan was fine all day binkying all over , Sunday morning was just sitting for ages like in a day dream , i kept calling her name but nothing , i crawled up beside her to nuzzle her ears which is what she liked but she didn't respond , kept stroking her head saying what's the matter pet , but she was just sitting , so i picked her up , and she went all limp and floppy in my arms , went to emergency 24 hour vets , and was told it didn't look good and they needed her to stay in and be put on a drip , they put her on 8 different tablets and heavily sedated her ,there was no change at all for 2 days then on Tuesday morning 16 Jan , the vets rang and said she vastly deteriorated , and they could not syringe feed her because she had lost the ability to swallow and was struggling breathing , so we had to make the heart wrenching decision to have her put to sleep . the vet barely got the needle in her and she just sighed took a last breath and that was it , gone in just a couple of days , i am completely devastated , have struggled to cope by myself , but i need a outlet , as all my family have dogs and they think there loss is greater than mine which is really hurtful , as she was my baby not there's , i get her ashes back this week and will be getting a pendant to put some of her ashes in so i will have her with me at all times , i rang the vets yesterday as i am beating myself up as to what happened so suddenly , he said all the signs were a brain tumour ,and that it could have happened at any time , i know pets don't live forever , but the grief is overwhelming , i just want to say to my baby , i am blessed you chose me to be your mummy and i will always treasure the time albeit short time we had together , r.i.p tilikum love you always xxx

Hello i had not meant to get another pet , my dog died 16 years ago aged 16 , and i said never again , but adopted a chinchilla 5 years ago , because her previous owner could no longer look after her , and its been just us , but a year and a half ago i was in a pet shop buying bird seed , when i turned around a saw the cutest looking furball , literally fell in love on the spot , bought her there and then ,she was only 7 weeks old , named her Tilikum , brought her home , went out and purchased all manner of rabbit stuff , and she has been the best pet , she has had no health problems at all , last Saturday 13 Jan was fine all day binkying all over , Sunday morning was just sitting for ages like in a day dream , i kept calling her name but nothing , i crawled up beside her to nuzzle her ears which is what she liked but she didn't respond , kept stroking her head saying what's the matter pet , but she was just sitting , so i picked her up , and she went all limp and floppy in my arms , went to emergency 24 hour vets , and was told it didn't look good and they needed her to stay in and be put on a drip , they put her on 8 different tablets and heavily sedated her ,there was no change at all for 2 days then on Tuesday morning 16 Jan , the vets rang and said she vastly deteriorated , and they could not syringe feed her because she had lost the ability to swallow and was struggling breathing , so we had to make the heart wrenching decision to have her put to sleep . the vet barely got the needle in her and she just sighed took a last breath and that was it , gone in just a couple of days , i am completely devastated , have struggled to cope by myself , but i need a outlet , as all my family have dogs and they think there loss is greater than mine which is really hurtful , as she was my baby not there's , i get her ashes back this week and will be getting a pendant to put some of her ashes in so i will have her with me at all times , i rang the vets yesterday as i am beating myself up as to what happened so suddenly , he said all the signs were a brain tumour ,and that it could have happened at any time , i know pets don't live forever , but the grief is overwhelming , i just want to say to my baby , i am blessed you chose me to be your mummy and i will always treasure the time albeit short time we had together , r.i.p tilikum love you always xxx

I am so very sorry for your tragic loss :cry: Tilikum will remain in your heart forever.

RIP Tilikum

4yry4cS.jpg

Welcome to the Forum

I am so sorry for your loss. Tilikum will remain in your heart forever, and has taken a chunk of yours to be with her :love:

thank you all for your replies , its just the suddenness of it all , that i am finding hard to cope with , she had the run of the house , so every room i go in she has toys and bowls still there , just don't want to make it final , its a testament to her that in a year and a half , the impact she has made on my life is immeasurable xxx

I'm so so sorry for your loss, sending lots of hugs xxx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

2 yrs ago december i lost my baby. I too had not planned on being a bun mum. I came from work to find a blood soaked box one december evening. Inside a bunny. A rare breed i was to find out. I rushed to our vet. Police got involved. She had a tag identifying ownership. Rabbit rescue here had no room. So after six hrs of surgery a day at the vet i brought her home. Drip and all. My husband and i decided we could home and love her. We went to court when her owners were prosecuted. Luna belle we named her. Got her a companion. We had her for nine and a half yrs. Lost her to ecu niculi. She passed in our arms her hubby right with and us.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A512 using Tapatalk

2 yrs ago december i lost my baby. I too had not planned on being a bun mum. I came from work to find a blood soaked box one december evening. Inside a bunny. A rare breed i was to find out. I rushed to our vet. Police got involved. She had a tag identifying ownership. Rabbit rescue here had no room. So after six hrs of surgery a day at the vet i brought her home. Drip and all. My husband and i decided we could home and love her. We went to court when her owners were prosecuted. Luna belle we named her. Got her a companion. We had her for nine and a half yrs. Lost her to ecu niculi. She passed in our arms her hubby right with and us.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A512 using Tapatalk

Thats awful some people just don't deserve to have pets they should do time like they would if they treated a human like that , i hope the pain gets better as i struggle particularly on the mornings when she would wake me up , the vets rang yesterday tea time , to say her ashes were back , they were not long closing but i asked them if they could hold on for 10 mins , so i could pick them up , bless them they did , because , i know it mind sound daft to some , just the thought of her in the vet office all night by herself was too much , so quickly got a taxi down as i dont have transport , and got her , brought her home , and she is in the sitting room , she will be with us in the house for a while as we are burying her in the garden next to my dog , but i am not ready for that yet , i hope you are okay , xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Binky Free Tilikum.💔💔

Hi everyone , just a quick update , we got our Tilikums's ashes back and have her plaque ready for her grave next to our dog , i also got a pendant to put a little of her ashes in , so she is near to my heart always , hope everyone is hanging in there xxx

i just wanted to share this , i have a very active mind so i don't know if its just my brain , but 2 days after we got Tilikums ashes back , i had a dream about her , she was standing on my bed , and when i sat up she had the most beautiful diamond looking wings attached to her back , i looked behind her but could not see how they were attached , it was like they were floating on her , she never spoke , but i could understand what she was thinking , just looking into her eyes , and i swear she said this is not the end , i have just gone on ahead of you , but i will be here waiting , so don't worry nothing has changed . i wanted to pick her up and cuddle her but i woke up , after sobbing for a couple of hours , i tried to go back to sleep to recapture the dream but it never came , active imagination or not , i am clinging to that dream , i hope you can find a wee bit of comfort xxxx

So sorry for your loss, how lovely she came to you I your dream to let you know she is OK, I believe its ere way of letting us know that they are OK and will always watch over us xx

i have had the most horrendous night , its exactly 3 weeks today , 8.36 am to be precise , my baby had to be put to sleep , i had a massive panic attack during the night , cannot stop feeling guilty at not been there , she was taken in the vet hospital on the Monday tea time , and i was on the phone every hour , but each time they said she is heavily sedated and there is no change , i could not sleep that night and rang at 5.30 am and the nurse said the vet would be doing her rounds between 8 and 10 am so just to hold on she will get in touch , when she rang at 8.30 am i knew in her voice before she said , that tilikum had rapidly deteriorated , and could i get to the hospital soon , i said yes but it will be over a hour , the hospital is in the next city to ours , so its a long journey , and she said we will try to get her to hang on , i said what do you mean , she said well she has started to suffer , i was hysterical , , sobbing as i type this , , ,, i asked her advice and she said personally i would not wait so i made the decision on the spot for them to euthanise her straight away , i put the phone down , and she rang back within minutes and said its done , it was barely 4 seconds she just sighed and that was it , she said she was a very sick bunny , and she was ready to go , but the guilt i feel is enormous , i blame myself for not going , although i would not want her in any sort of pain not even for a minute , but the thought of not being there is eating away at me , my head is spinning , if she was in pain would it have been worth the risk just to be with her one last time , i am going to have to deal with this for the rest of my life , just really struggling today , xxxx

Back