• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eliza Doolittle- U/D 9th Feb-She's Dead :-(

Jane - I think we're all saying the same and I completely understand how you must feel. It's extremely difficult right now, but sometimes listening to others helps more than listening to yourself. You didn't let Eliza down in any way. You cared for and loved her and did all you could, and so did your vet. She will live on in your memory, as all our buns do.
Sending you massive hugs and vibes. xxx

Jane, I know that you trust and value C - both as a friend and as a vet. Your decisions about Eliza were made jointly with her. Do you feel that she has let Eliza down? I am sure that you don't as from what you post here she is clearly a skilled and experienced exotics' vet.

It is natural to feel guilt when one of our much loved animals dies. If I'm honest I am feeling guilty about Bochy's death and keep thinking 'What if I had .........?' I think it is part of the grieving process. None of us are perfect but the care you give all your animals is as near as any of us are going to get. You are one of the RU bunny keepers I look up to as an example.

I am sorry Endeavour is struggling too. I think seeing a bereaved companion bun suffering intensifies our own grief and loss. I hope that you can help each other through this (with the assistance of Morse pup).

Thinking of you xxx

Oh no. So sorry to see this devastating news. 💔

Jane, you absolutely did your best for Eliza, no-one could have tried harder to help her get better.
Sending you gentle hugs at this sad time.

RIP Eliza.💔

Oh no. So sorry to see this devastating news. ��

Jane, you absolutely did your best for Eliza, no-one could have tried harder to help her get better.
Sending you gentle hugs at this sad time.

RIP Eliza.��

Thank you xx

I'm so sorry Jane, I've just seen this. I'm so, so sorry you lost little Eliza :cry: She was such a beautiful little bunny. You must be completely devastated. It's not fair that you're going through so much in a short space of time.
I know that you did everything you could for her so please don't feel in any way responsible. No one could do better by their rabbits than you do.
The offer is always there if you ever need someone to talk to.
Sleep peacefully little Eliza :cry:

Back