• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eliza Doolittle- U/D 9th Feb-She's Dead :-(

This morning Eliza is more comfortable and less bloated. She has some gut sounds now and her blood glucose just now was down to 7.2mmol/L. She has passed some pinhead poos during the last couple of hours. She is nibling hay and forage.

Thank you all for your support, I really appreciate it xx

Continued prayers and vibes that she will recover completely and quickly. I am glad to hear she is having a bit of input and output today. xxxxxx

Well I think we have come through the latest 'episode'. Eliza is much brighter within herself this afternoon and she is more enthusiastic about eating. Her poo output is still not as good as it should be, but it is improving.

Thanks so much, yet again, for all of the vibes and support.

One quick question, has anyone got a Rabbit who will not eat any fresh Veg, forage, herbs or fruit ? Eliza will eat anything dry, but she will not touch anything fresh. This complicates things as with her GI tract problems we need to maximise her fluid intake. She does drink reasonably well (water, not alcohol !! :lol:) but it would be so much better if she would eat some fresh food types. I have never known a Rabbit to turn their nose up at absolutely every type of fresh food :?

I'm glad that Eliza is brighter :D It is very odd that she won't eat anything fresh isn't it? I have never come across this before. I guess it is probably the case that before she came to you, she wasn't given any, but it's certainly strange that she doesn't like anything green. Will she also not eat freshly picked grass?

I'm glad that Eliza is brighter :D It is very odd that she won't eat anything fresh isn't it? I have never come across this before. I guess it is probably the case that before she came to you, she wasn't given any, but it's certainly strange that she doesn't like anything green. Will she also not eat freshly picked grass?

Nope, nor dandelion leaves !!

I bet Endeavour secretly thinks she's a bit odd :lol: Are you sure she's a rabbit?:shock:

Endeavour adores her :love: He's turned into a right 'yes dear, of course dear, whatever you say dear' :lol:

To be honest I often end up with Rabbits who are a bit 'strange'................no idea why, what with me being so 'normal'................ !

Endeavour adores her :love: He's turned into a right 'yes dear, of course dear, whatever you say dear' :lol:

To be honest I often end up with Rabbits who are a bit 'strange'................no idea why, what with me being so 'normal'................ !

Well they say opposites attract :lol:

Late to this however have just read through the whole thread and am pleased to see that Eliza is feeling better.

I thought I had the fussiest rabbit in the world with Will but it seems that Eliza has beaten him.

Will has always scoffed fresh grass but only started eating kale and greens when Nancy needed to lose weight and I deprived them of nearly all treats and reduced their pelleted food.

He still doesn't touch herbs and often spends so long sniffing fresh green food that Nancy has eaten it all by the time he realises he likes it.:lol:

Back