Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Trio Housing

  1. #11
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    38,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CreamBunny View Post
    So it would be big enough for a trio?

    Looking at it in the photo, it looks good for a trio
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  2. #12
    Wise Old Thumper tulsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    15,987

    Default

    Are you planning to get two more rabbits to join the one in the pictures? If so you will need to bond them all on neutral territory once they are spayed/castrated, in case you didnt already know that.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    Are you planning to get two more rabbits to join the one in the pictures? If so you will need to bond them all on neutral territory once they are spayed/castrated, in case you didnt already know that.
    Lol, I'm well aware. I was going to use the bathroom as a neutral space whilst sectioning my room off into 2 bits; one of for the newbies whilst they are recovering from their spays and one for my current boy. So they can all get used to each other's scents but not interact until they are all ready.

  4. #14
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    oxfordshire
    Posts
    3,557

    Default

    Sounds like you have it all very well planned.Lucky bunnies.

    Welcome to the forum.Hope you decide to stay and when you are ready maybe post a piccie or 2?

    Good luck with the bonding.Hope it all goes very well.

  5. #15

    Default

    The 2 females I was going for originally didn't work out but this weekend my bunny and I are heading all the way up to Nottingham so he can be bonded with a mixed sex pair who are in rescue. Excited and terrified in equal measure!
    I've also improved the set up; the guinea pig's C&C cage has been raised so it is lighter, enabling the rabbit(s!) to access the bottom bunk, and I've added a little house. Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/OmrdRrtHMQqhxyjo1
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/OmrdRrtHMQqhxyjo1
    Sorry for the filthy mess: I've got flu so didn't clean out yesterday but will do a full deep clean whilst the room is rabbitless so it's nice and 'neutral' when the buns come home.
    Last edited by CreamBunny; 09-02-2018 at 01:18 PM.

  6. #16
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    38,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CreamBunny View Post
    The 2 females I was going for originally didn't work out but this weekend my bunny and I are heading all the way up to Nottingham so he can be bonded with a mixed sex pair who are in rescue. Excited and terrified in equal measure!
    I've also improved the set up; the guinea pig's C&C cage has been raised so it is lighter, enabling the rabbit(s!) to access the bottom bunk, and I've added a little house. Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/OmrdRrtHMQqhxyjo1
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/OmrdRrtHMQqhxyjo1
    Sorry for the filthy mess: I've got a cold so didn't clean out yesterday but will do a full deep clean whilst the room is rabbitless so it's nice and 'neutral' when the buns come home.

    It's saying 'video not found'

    But your idea of taking them up to be bonded at the Rescue is a good one

    Loads of luck. Lucky buns and I hope you don't get too stressed x
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    It's saying 'video not found'

    But your idea of taking them up to be bonded at the Rescue is a good one

    Loads of luck. Lucky buns and I hope you don't get too stressed x
    Hmph. Technology has defeated me
    Yeah I've bonded singles before but never a pair to a single and figured it might be best to leave it to an expert!

  8. #18

  9. #19

    Default

    Lovely video, loved the snuggles mid way through

  10. #20

    Default

    Update from the lovely STAR rescue in Nottingham on how the bonding is progressing.....
    "Hi _____, it’s going well, they’ve all calmed down a lot and have had some treats together �� no scrapping through bars and eating near eachother no problem ��"
    Woohoo!
    If my boy doesn't bond to this pair, I also met a lovely little 9 month old little dutchie girl, so they can be tried together if the bonding to the pair doesn't work out.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •