Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: and then they were (hopefully ) three

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert&Dillon View Post
    Vimto and Cuthbert are still squaring up to one another but without quite as much interest in one another. If I put something new in the boys house and then let Vimto out the boys do not bother. Vimto has started periscoping for treats as they do - even when she is in her run and they are playing out. It all seems a bit much for Dillon who has started taking himself off upstairs to sit in my reading chair. The chair is usually in the sunshine and rocks - Dillon seems to like this.

Dillon on the reading chair by mark andra, on Flickr

We havent had a binky from Vimto and her litter training is a little slow. She does not wee as much as the boys, (frequency not volume) She will not eat the Science plan that she was on at BARC - much preferring the boys excel.
    That's an adorable pic of Dillon on the reading chair

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    That's an adorable pic of Dillon on the reading chair
    Thank you, he is like an old man, loving a sunshine rocking chair. Cuthbert is always on a rug in front of the fire!

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Lovely pics ❤️❤️❤️

I have a feeling Vimto is not a lady to take any nonsense and she'll soon be swinging her handbag and keeping those boys in line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Today we had a binky from Vimto - she forgot that she was in front of the boys and had a mad do. Dillon is still happily eating hay from her run with her eating at the other side. Cuthbert is sort of ignoring her now - if she runs around his run he chases her but if there is food in the run he will choose that over watching Vimto.
    Today Vimto has had the blankets out of the boys run put into hers and she didnt not mind at all, just sat on them. We are regularly swopping toys between the runs but not litter trays yet. Slowly slowly we go.

One nice thing is that in a morning when I come down all three now periscope for a snuff and a treat - so lovely.

I am struggling to get her to eat dark greens, anyone any ideas how I can get her to eat more greens please?

Today we had a binky from Vimto - she forgot that she was in front of the boys and had a mad do. Dillon is still happily eating hay from her run with her eating at the other side. Cuthbert is sort of ignoring her now - if she runs around his run he chases her but if there is food in the run he will choose that over watching Vimto.
    Today Vimto has had the blankets out of the boys run put into hers and she didnt not mind at all, just sat on them. We are regularly swopping toys between the runs but not litter trays yet. Slowly slowly we go.

One nice thing is that in a morning when I come down all three now periscope for a snuff and a treat - so lovely.

I am struggling to get her to eat dark greens, anyone any ideas how I can get her to eat more greens please?
    Will she eat any herbs / alternative greens? I'd not worry too much, I expect she'll join in once she is bonded with the boys. It'll be foraging season & there will be loads of lovely stuff for them to try

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Will she eat any herbs / alternative greens? I'd not worry too much, I expect she'll join in once she is bonded with the boys. It'll be foraging season & there will be loads of lovely stuff for them to try

Already been raiding the garden for bits - just the new shoots from sheltered parts of the garden.

Broccoli provides the distraction
    DSC_8029 by mark andra, on Flickr

They boys even had a snooze in Vimto's presence.
    DSC_8039 by mark andra, on Flickr

They’ll make a beautiful trio

Day 12

We have removed the sheet between the two runs now with no ill effects. Vimto is making me sad at the moment as she waits by her door in a morning when I let the boys out, she sits so patiently waiting for me to open her door too. Dillon ignores her completely and Cuthbert only gives her a passing glance. Vimto still is not confident when she does come out to play and only stays in the lounge ready to dash back through her door if something spooks her. We are swopping bowls, toys and blankets between the runs with no ill effects and no over zealous marking.

I have two questions please if anyone can help:-

1. What constitutes an neutral space - all the bunnies have access to the same area albeit in two groups so is this neutral (rather than new space)?

2. I am trying to feed them next to each other, ie just a layer of chicken wire between them, the bowls are put together but I would like to put shared hay between them without blocking their view of one another - anyone any ideas how I can do this please?

Wise Old Thumper

Day 12

We have removed the sheet between the two runs now with no ill effects. Vimto is making me sad at the moment as she waits by her door in a morning when I let the boys out, she sits so patiently waiting for me to open her door too. Dillon ignores her completely and Cuthbert only gives her a passing glance. Vimto still is not confident when she does come out to play and only stays in the lounge ready to dash back through her door if something spooks her. We are swopping bowls, toys and blankets between the runs with no ill effects and no over zealous marking.

I have two questions please if anyone can help:-

1. What constitutes an neutral space - all the bunnies have access to the same area albeit in two groups so is this neutral (rather than new space)?

2. I am trying to feed them next to each other, ie just a layer of chicken wire between them, the bowls are put together but I would like to put shared hay between them without blocking their view of one another - anyone any ideas how I can do this please?
    Sorry, I haven't any ideas regarding your Q2. Regarding Q1, my understanding of a neutral space is an area where none of the rabbits have been before. Even if you can't detect it, any area where a rabbit has had access to could have scent marks, little nibbles etc. These are all done to provide a feeling that the area belongs to that rabbit. I agree that in your situation, where all rabbits have at some time had access to it, the situation could be different in how that would affect any bonding attempts.