• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

and then they were (hopefully ) three

Oh, no I'm so upset for you :( I do think you're making the right decision though. It's made difficult in your case as things were going well and they do look settled in your last pics.

You are with the rabbits all the time and your gut feelings will be the most important. You could persevere and try to force them to live together, but if it were me I would always be concerned about the times I was not there and I couldn't accept that as a long term situation.

There will be a lovely doe out there who would love to live with your two stunning bucks, but I would not know what to do about Vimto.

Again, I am sorry, as I know how devastating it is to be in this situation.

After 8 days of living happily together Vimto is back in her own run. She kept attacking Cuthbert, he has lost fur and some skin from his bottom and Dillon has a bite on his ear. Vimto is so much quicker than my lumbering boys and kept diving underneath them to nip them. I will not try and bond them again and am very sad to be making this decision. Now I need to choose if Vimto goes back to BARC or stays as a single bunny, this is so upsetting but now I need to choose the best for her.
Even in the run she is diving at the boys, trying to get at them, I really dont know what happened to make this happen. They were all getting on so very well.

I’m so sorry, you must be devastated. Hope Cuthbert and Dillon are ok. It being spring and rabbits going a bit nuts probably isn’t helping. :(

Thank you, that is so kind of you to comment. If Vimto is not happy its not fair on her, and if the boys are scared its not fair on them. It is for the best but I am so upset at loosing her.

You're right - all buns deserve to be loved & relaxed. She is gorgeous though & I imagine very re-homeable. So sad for you though, I know you're very attached

I’m so sorry:cry: sometimes it is so hard but you have to do what is best for all of them.

Hugs xx

Thank you J+B and Zoobec Poor girl keeps wondering why I keep weeping on her! They seemed so very happy together. Since the big fight even if the boys go past her run she lunges at them, I really am baffled by it.

J+B - Vimto is still under 1 year old so I do feel her best option would be to go somewhere she could have free range, like the boys do. I didnt want to have bunnies that couldnt hippity hop all over the house, shutting either the boys or Vimto in whilst the others play seems so unfair.

CG I have only just caught up with this, and I am so very very sorry that this hasn't worked out for you and the boys :(

It's heartbreaking, but you are making the right decision. I am glad you are able to take her back (ie she wasn't from the free ads or anything). Bonding is such a fickle occupation where the rabbits make all the rules and we have to judge on instinct.

Hugs for you x

CG I have only just caught up with this, and I am so very very sorry that this hasn't worked out for you and the boys :(

It's heartbreaking, but you are making the right decision. I am glad you are able to take her back (ie she wasn't from the free ads or anything). Bonding is such a fickle occupation where the rabbits make all the rules and we have to judge on instinct.

Hugs for you x

Vimto came from BARC on the proviso that I could take her back if it didnt work - I didnt realise how in love I would fall......... but now I have to put each of my bunnies interests first before how I feel

Sorry it hasn’t worked out, it is hard when you have to give a bunny back to a rescue but as you say it’s in the best interest of all the rabbits :( I completely understand your decision, when bonding went wrong for me a few months ago I just couldn’t see myself coping with trying the bonding process again with the ‘new’ rabbit as I would be too nervous, even of leaving them together once they were bonded incase something happened when I wasn’t there.

I just read through the thread and wow what a roller coaster. I’m so sorry it didn’t work out for you and Vimto :( You really made her personality shine through and as a result I’ve also taken a shine to her- im the one looking for a single female. I’m so sorry about your tough decision but I just wanted to let you know I have enquiried about her in the rescue and if I ever did end up providing her with a home, just know I would be more than happy to send you update videos or pictures any time you liked. So you might not lose her entirely! I hope that is brings some comfort right now with your tough decision :)

I just read through the thread and wow what a roller coaster. I’m so sorry it didn’t work out for you and Vimto :( You really made her personality shine through and as a result I’ve also taken a shine to her- im the one looking for a single female. I’m so sorry about your tough decision but I just wanted to let you know I have enquiried about her in the rescue and if I ever did end up providing her with a home, just know I would be more than happy to send you update videos or pictures any time you liked. So you might not lose her entirely! I hope that is brings some comfort right now with your tough decision :)

That is so very kind, you would need to register with Angie (via facebook is best) and ask if you could be considered for her. Vimto needs to go back to BARC so she can be vet checked etc, if you are successful I would love updates. Thank you

Back