• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

and then they were (hopefully ) three

I am chewing my fingers to the bone here. Your rabbits are just so adorable and I'm trying to keep up with the threads. I am thinking some of the earlier signs were emotional exhaustion - after all, why not? There's alot going on that they have to process. I'm sending you bonding vibes because this is a fascinating thread and I hope that this all works out for you.:love:

They are back in their separate runs (remember that Vimto's run is inside the boys run) they will only have from 8 till 9am tomorrow as I am back on shift. I am intending to do this daily until the 11th March. That is the day that they will be going to stay with my daughter as we are having major works done on the house. I am hoping that they will all live together for that week. When they come home they will be in one run/ house.

Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words. I am so glad you don't mind me posting so many pictures. O/H is taking the mick out of me and asking "whats happening behind the bike shed today"

Day 36 in the big bunny house.

The bunnies have done hours and hours together but today everything went wrong. The only difference was that O/H was with me but everything else was the same. Dillon and Vimto did loads of circling then all of a sudden there was massive fur pulling, Cuthbert jumped on OH's knee and I waded in with my thick gloves. We tried really hard to calm them but everytime we stopped stroking and having our hands between the fur pulling kicked off.
I am really disappointed with today - I like to end a session with them all being fine with one another but not today.

We have also (after this event) moved Vimto's run out of the boys run. We think that maybe she is feeling that they are in her space?

They will go back to a tiny space tomorrow and we will start again.

Day 36 in the big bunny house.

The bunnies have done hours and hours together but today everything went wrong. The only difference was that O/H was with me but everything else was the same. Dillon and Vimto did loads of circling then all of a sudden there was massive fur pulling, Cuthbert jumped on OH's knee and I waded in with my thick gloves. We tried really hard to calm them but everytime we stopped stroking and having our hands between the fur pulling kicked off.
I am really disappointed with today - I like to end a session with them all being fine with one another but not today.

We have also (after this event) moved Vimto's run out of the boys run. We think that maybe she is feeling that they are in her space?

They will go back to a tiny space tomorrow and we will start again.

How frustrating :roll: Cuthbert is the scaredy cat isn't he. I remember him hiding behind your wellies :lol: I hope that the smaller space works better tomorrow. It's so difficult to know exactly what kicks it off.

Day 45,

All is not going well, we are in the middle of having building work done - this has stressed the bunnies and stress seems to make them react badly to one another.

https://flic.kr/p/23TtGNY

Today they were playing out in the sunshine, Dillon had a mad do and was really happy until Vimto binkied then he got so very grumpy with her, she just put her head down and was really good

https://flic.kr/p/23Tu1E9

They then carried on playing out, happily mooching about with each other
https://flic.kr/p/22ddYkY

Then all of a sudden Vimto got really grumpy and kept diving under Dillon - he was not happy at that at all

She did not do it to Cuthbert
https://flic.kr/p/23B7MdZ

Very much missing my bunnies, hopefully they will be home at the weekend. We have had the builders in so been on holiday but oh how empty is the house without them

Day 57, the bunnies have been together now 24 hours. They have been on holiday for a week whilst we had the builders in and then when we got them home they all went in the one run.I sat in with them for approx 7 hours and then withdrew from their run but have been in the room with them. (I had a brief outing to take my daughter in law to the labour ward) There is a lot of chasing but no fur pulling and only a little humping. I have photos but can not put them on as I have forgotten the lead and am not leaving them yet.

Thank you Tonibun - Dillon is def top boy, both Cuthbert and Vimto are happy for him to be so. Vimto just puts her head down for both boys now.

Dillon insisits on washing both Vimto and Cuthbert's eyes - no where else just their eyes, does anyone know why this might be please

Thank you Tonibun - Dillon is def top boy, both Cuthbert and Vimto are happy for him to be so. Vimto just puts her head down for both boys now.

Dillon insisits on washing both Vimto and Cuthbert's eyes - no where else just their eyes, does anyone know why this might be please

Not really - I always take it to be a kind of Fatherly thing! Sounds good!

Oh my goodness, they are beautiful :love:

I love all rabbits and all are seriously cute in different ways but I have a real soft spot for big, uppy-eared self coloured buns and yours are total beauties.

Thank you, Dillon is the only one that is a solid colour, Cuthbert is grey and orange and Vimto looks like she has been in the coal bucket.

After 8 days of living happily together Vimto is back in her own run. She kept attacking Cuthbert, he has lost fur and some skin from his bottom and Dillon has a bite on his ear. Vimto is so much quicker than my lumbering boys and kept diving underneath them to nip them. I will not try and bond them again and am very sad to be making this decision. Now I need to choose if Vimto goes back to BARC or stays as a single bunny, this is so upsetting but now I need to choose the best for her.
Even in the run she is diving at the boys, trying to get at them, I really dont know what happened to make this happen. They were all getting on so very well.

Back