• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

and then they were (hopefully ) three

Vimto has arrived home. Rather a horrendous journey of just over three hours (both ways) with snow and sleet, but we are home safe and sound. Dillon is doing standing start binkies and Cuthbert has licked her nose, but now is up and down at the side of her run with Vimto mirroring him. They will not be introduced until they can ignore one another, and I am happy to wait as long as it takes.

Vimto has eaten and completely re-arranged her house to her own specifications :lol: but I have not seen her drink yet. I will post photos (cos I have taken shed loads :lol:)

Vimto has arrived home. Rather a horrendous journey of just over three hours (both ways) with snow and sleet, but we are home safe and sound. Dillon is doing standing start binkies and Cuthbert has licked her nose, but now is up and down at the side of her run with Vimto mirroring him. They will not be introduced until they can ignore one another, and I am happy to wait as long as it takes.

Vimto has eaten and completely re-arranged her house to her own specifications [emoji38] but I have not seen her drink yet. I will post photos (cos I have taken shed loads [emoji38])
Oooo yes pictures please :D xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I hope she settles well and they become a threesome soon.. Looking forward to pics.

Vimto has eaten and completely re-arranged her house to her own specifications [emoji38] but I have not seen her drink yet. I will post photos (cos I have taken shed loads [emoji38])
Yay to Vimto. Looking forward to the pictures. :)

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

In the few hours that Vimto has been here Cuthberts behaviour has changed. He has tried humping Dillon and both Cuthbert and Vimto are charging at one another. They can not get at each other.
I have introduced new distractions - some fresh cut twigs and other munchables and a square block that allows me to connect the pipes I have to make a warren type play area across the living room. Some brown paper from a parcel that is screwed up with brussel sprouts in it, and as a real treat free access to two hand brushes and a dustpan :lol:

I dont think the boys are stressed as they have both been led out in front of the fire with their legs splayed behind them - that seems to be how my boys chill out.

Vimto seems so much more confident than when she came in (obviously) and has had plenty to ear. However she has not used her litter tray and I can not find a wee in her house?

I hope I dont bug you with all these up dates but I am so very thrilled.

Vimto has eaten and completely re-arranged her house to her own specifications :lol: but I have not seen her drink yet. I will post photos (cos I have taken shed loads :lol:)

Welcome Vimto :wave:

Wishing you good bonding luck! When we first brought Boogie home she was eating and behaving normally but I think she was ingesting a lot of what she had produced so there wasn't much in her litter tray- I thought at the time she was choosing not to "advertise" her presence. As she seemed OK in all other respects I let her get on with it and we had healthy mounds of poo in a couple of days. Just make sure she is eating and behaving well. The car journey and a new environment must be a huge thing to a bunny.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

So I sat the boys down this morning and told them they had to be on their best behaviour. You can see by Cuthberts ears he is not listening

Waiting in anticipation by Ra Greenwood, on Flickr

Making sure vimto's front door was firmly shut we let the boys play out.
Door firmly shut by Ra Greenwood, on Flickr

Their first interest was their new tubes.
New tubes by Ra Greenwood, on Flickr

Then they went to meet Vimto
cuthy meets Vimto by Ra Greenwood, on Flickr

Who sat high up on a winalot box so she could see what was going on.
cuthy meets Vimto by Ra Greenwood, on Flickr

I havent had her out, so no decent photos I wanted her to have some time to settle

Aww it's lovely to see Vimto settling in so well ❤️ Sending lots of vibes for the bonding.

Remember to stay on your best behaviour boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooops Cuthbert and Vimto were handbags at the bars tonight. Both with erect tails and lots of mirroring. Bless her Vimto still has lots of hormones to get rid off and Cuthbert is a bit of a stress head. I have put a towel up at the side they were posturing at, they can still see/hear/smell each other just not bash the wire. They have a lot of time yet before they will be allowed to meet.

Dillon is so not bothered, he keeps sneaking his nose through and pulling her hay out and having a munch, Vimto can not quite believe her eyes and glares at him. He just carries on eating.

Vimto and Cuthbert are still squaring up to one another but without quite as much interest in one another. If I put something new in the boys house and then let Vimto out the boys do not bother. Vimto has started periscoping for treats as they do - even when she is in her run and they are playing out. It all seems a bit much for Dillon who has started taking himself off upstairs to sit in my reading chair. The chair is usually in the sunshine and rocks - Dillon seems to like this.

Dillon on the reading chair by mark andra, on Flickr

We havent had a binky from Vimto and her litter training is a little slow. She does not wee as much as the boys, (frequency not volume) She will not eat the Science plan that she was on at BARC - much preferring the boys excel.

Back