• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A fight at the boarders - just checking next steps

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
The girls had a big fight at the boarders while we were away (on the 2nd night - high winds outside - no other rabbits in boarding).

Apparently they were fine while she was in there with them but then it suddenly kicked off. Fur everywhere and some blood spotting - she couldn't find who from.

They've been fine for the next 4 nights after she reneuteralised the room, gave them a 30 mins break and gave extra water bowls, litter trays etc.

When I get them home I intend to put their baby gate on and confine them to their bedroom for a night or two so I can monitor their behaviour. The room has been fully neutralised as we do when we go away for holiday). They will have their pet remedy turned on.
They're obviously having a little stress bond for the car journey home and seem to be snuggling up perfectly fine.

Anything else you can think I might need to do to ensure there is no bond break down?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear this. I suppose it could have been the high winds or it could have been the fact that Daphne was still not feeling 100%. I can't think of anything else to do other than what you have already said, which sounds good to me. I hope it all settles down well once they're home.

Could the blood be from a damaged nail, rather than a flesh wound?
Potentially as Daphne does have some rather screwy nails. No physically wounds on either that we can find so that seems most likely.
Can't think of anything, maybe a favourite treat? I hope they settle down ok.
A favourite treat could cause problems due to Daphne's high food drive.

I'm sorry to hear this. I suppose it could have been the high winds or it could have been the fact that Daphne was still not feeling 100%. I can't think of anything else to do other than what you have already said, which sounds good to me. I hope it all settles down well once they're home.
you seem to have it all covered DP. I hope harmony reigns
Thank you both.

All has been quiet so far but Phoebe is most definitely off as she ran away when she heard OHs voice :cry:
She's nibbled but is staying mainly in the den, at the back. Both have been snuggling the main amount of time and I did have to leave them unattended while I got OH from hospital. Came back to two intact bunny's with all their fur.

I think it's safe to say they are doing okay.
3c7faa88f93d2150d54591d8b568b5c8.jpg
4aafc3644d3f9d5c12589b7a9084db3a.jpg
a037f5870cec850a9f35a123b7a95ec5.jpg

We will be keeping them in the room tonight and while we have house guests they'll spend their nights shut in their room so it's easier to monitor their stress levels.

Back