• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

White Poplar branches - safe for bunnies?

We are having our white poplar pollarded. Anyone know if poplar is safe for buns and if it worth keeping the branches for them? (Bearing in mind we are drowning in willow already since our tree snapped in the recent storms!)

Thank you :D

I agree with Omi.

Btw, thank you for the willow ;)
It's stood in a bin in the shed and the girls got the first huge branch on Saturday - they're still working their way through.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Haha, it might take them a while! The other willow is getting pollarded too and I’ve got a load of willow trunk that I’m carving out into tunnels. My bunny enclosure is going to look very ‘rustic’ :D

When I get my act together I will offer some of it on here in exchange for Rescue donations. Otherwise we will be drowning in sticks!

Poplar is one of my rabbits' absolute favourites. They'll strip it immediately and often it'll be clear of bark within an hour. All of them work on it virtually the second I get it in their enclosure. Your rabbits are in for a treat. :love:

Back