Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have two free-range rabbits - how will I know if one stops eating?

Quote Originally Posted by ShonaC View Post
    Harold and Betty thank you for the advice! (This is them looking typically confused/alarmed to be outside, on a rare sunny-ish day)

Oh wow

Go have a search of Mervinius on here ... Merv's bunnies are so cute I insisted there was a 'cuteness overload' warning before posting the pics ... I think you may have to do the same
    In order for you to insult me, first I have to value your opinion!

Its not just about whos being real to your face, its also about whos being real behind your back

Info about RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...48#post6780648

Haha MightyMax, I just posted that before reading your reply! Here's one more for good measure :-)

Oh, Mervinius's wee chinchilla Nethy is too adorable!

Wise Old Thumper

Hello! Normally when you put the food in both rabbits come straight away to eat. If one doesn't come then I know there is something not right. Your 2 mustn't be that hungry or are they new rabbits? They look great on the photo!

Your bunnies are adorable. I've found that my bunnies love fenugreek crunchies. I hand feed one to each bunny every morning. They know the routine and will come running for them. That way I know that they are both eating before I go to work, if one won't take the treat I know something is up. Likewise they know the routine of when tea time is and will head straight for the pellets when they are put down, so I can tell that they're eating in the evening. They only get a small amount of pellets and so get very excited when they appear. As others have said just knowing their behaviour is the best way to tell if they're unwell as you know when something doesn't look right.

Haha MightyMax, I just posted that before reading your reply! Here's one more for good measure :-)

A kiss to each of them

Its not just about whos being real to your face, its also about whos being real behind your back

Mama Doe

Gorgeous little pair.

Oh, Mervinius's wee chinchilla Nethy is too adorable!
    Archie says thankyou very much... Welcome to the Nethie club!

In terms of noticing if one is ill, it's very easy with two buns. We feed our little fur balls 10g of pellets 3 times a day. They are normally dancing around our feet as soon as they hear the bag and they demolish them within seconds!!!!

If either of them doesn't come rushing or just eats one pellet and then goes for a lie down, we know somethings up.

You will start to recognise their behaviour and they just don't seem right. :-)

Archie and Pip also never refuse plantain. So we test them with a few leaves if we're not sure.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Archie says thankyou very much... Welcome to the Nethie club!

In terms of noticing if one is ill, it's very easy with two buns. We feed our little fur balls 10g of pellets 3 times a day. They are normally dancing around our feet as soon as they hear the bag and they demolish them within seconds!!!!

If either of them doesn't come rushing or just eats one pellet and then goes for a lie down, we know somethings up.

You will start to recognise their behaviour and they just don't seem right. :-)

Archie and Pip also never refuse plantain. So we test them with a few leaves if we're not sure.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

You've got it down to a fine art, you have

Don't forget I have had one little Nethie in my group for the past 10 years or so ... not the same one, but they are adorable

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    You've got it down to a fine art, you have

Don't forget I have had one little Nethie in my group for the past 10 years or so ... not the same one, but they are adorable
    More like they have total control over us. Haha. Ooh I haven't seen your little nethie... oops miss read that. Haven't seen any of your Nethies...
    Last edited by Mervinius; 17-01-2018 at 04:36 PM.