Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: I have two free-range rabbits - how will I know if one stops eating?

  1. #11
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    33,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShonaC View Post
    Harold and Betty thank you for the advice! (This is them looking typically confused/alarmed to be outside, on a rare sunny-ish day)


    Oh wow

    Go have a search of Mervinius on here ... Merv's bunnies are so cute I insisted there was a 'cuteness overload' warning before posting the pics ... I think you may have to do the same
    In order for you to insult me, first I have to value your opinion!

    Its not just about whos being real to your face, its also about whos being real behind your back

    Info about RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...48#post6780648

  2. #12

    Default

    Haha MightyMax, I just posted that before reading your reply! Here's one more for good measure :-)


  3. #13

    Default

    Oh, Mervinius's wee chinchilla Nethy is too adorable!

  4. #14
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    IOW
    Posts
    13,102

    Default

    Hello! Normally when you put the food in both rabbits come straight away to eat. If one doesn't come then I know there is something not right. Your 2 mustn't be that hungry or are they new rabbits? They look great on the photo!

  5. #15
    Warren Veteran Glingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    6,361

    Default

    Your bunnies are adorable. I've found that my bunnies love fenugreek crunchies. I hand feed one to each bunny every morning. They know the routine and will come running for them. That way I know that they are both eating before I go to work, if one won't take the treat I know something is up. Likewise they know the routine of when tea time is and will head straight for the pellets when they are put down, so I can tell that they're eating in the evening. They only get a small amount of pellets and so get very excited when they appear. As others have said just knowing their behaviour is the best way to tell if they're unwell as you know when something doesn't look right.

  6. #16
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    33,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShonaC View Post
    Haha MightyMax, I just posted that before reading your reply! Here's one more for good measure :-)



    A kiss to each of them
    In order for you to insult me, first I have to value your opinion!

    Its not just about whos being real to your face, its also about whos being real behind your back

    Info about RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...48#post6780648

  7. #17
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    Gorgeous little pair.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShonaC View Post
    Oh, Mervinius's wee chinchilla Nethy is too adorable!
    Archie says thankyou very much... Welcome to the Nethie club!

    In terms of noticing if one is ill, it's very easy with two buns. We feed our little fur balls 10g of pellets 3 times a day. They are normally dancing around our feet as soon as they hear the bag and they demolish them within seconds!!!!

    If either of them doesn't come rushing or just eats one pellet and then goes for a lie down, we know somethings up.

    You will start to recognise their behaviour and they just don't seem right. :-)

    Archie and Pip also never refuse plantain. So we test them with a few leaves if we're not sure.

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    33,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mervinius View Post
    Archie says thankyou very much... Welcome to the Nethie club!

    In terms of noticing if one is ill, it's very easy with two buns. We feed our little fur balls 10g of pellets 3 times a day. They are normally dancing around our feet as soon as they hear the bag and they demolish them within seconds!!!!

    If either of them doesn't come rushing or just eats one pellet and then goes for a lie down, we know somethings up.

    You will start to recognise their behaviour and they just don't seem right. :-)

    Archie and Pip also never refuse plantain. So we test them with a few leaves if we're not sure.

    Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

    You've got it down to a fine art, you have

    Don't forget I have had one little Nethie in my group for the past 10 years or so ... not the same one, but they are adorable
    In order for you to insult me, first I have to value your opinion!

    Its not just about whos being real to your face, its also about whos being real behind your back

    Info about RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...48#post6780648

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    You've got it down to a fine art, you have

    Don't forget I have had one little Nethie in my group for the past 10 years or so ... not the same one, but they are adorable
    More like they have total control over us. Haha. Ooh I haven't seen your little nethie... oops miss read that. Haven't seen any of your Nethies...
    Last edited by Mervinius; 17-01-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •