Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I have two free-range rabbits - how will I know if one stops eating?

Quote Originally Posted by ShonaC View Post
    Hi all - a wee update!

I'm now giving my little buns half as much pellet food as before, and they are going wild for their hay! I'm going to have to get an additional hay holder to put in their dining room when I'm away overnight - previously there'd be no danger of the hay running out, but now it needs replenishing every evening. And of course now they are much more excitable in the morning when I dish up the pellets, so I think I would definitely notice now if one of them was off-colour.

In reply to Shauna ("I've tried giving him hay and he has no interest in it. He's not interested in treats or anything. Is that just a picky eater? A hay snob? Or should I be shoving hay in front of him all day?")

My bunnies are most definitely hay snobs! They won't touch the cheap stuff, only the more expensive kind with flower petals in it. So I'd definitely try your fussy bunny on different types of hay. My buns also turn their noses up at lots of cheap treats, preferring fresh greens, but make an exception for banana-flavoured biscuits.

Hi Shona. Nice to hear from you again

Hay snobs a lot of buns on here like the hay from timothy hay.co.uk

Just twigged this is a UK site - my buns' hay of choice is Woodlands Small Animal Timothy Feeding Hay 300g from Pets at Home.

Quote Originally Posted by ShonaC View Post
    Just twigged this is a UK site - my buns' hay of choice is Woodlands Small Animal Timothy Feeding Hay 300g from Pets at Home.

Yes it is

How are those two rascals doing?