• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini lop with ears up! Problem?

I have 2 lovely mini lops, or at least I thought I did! The boy, who was very little and slow to develop and is now 10 months old, has started spending half the time with his ears up! His ears are quite small and he was lopped before, but now he often sleeps with his ears up and back and sometimes hops around like that! We thought it was a quirky phase, but now it’s gone on for a month, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has seen this in mini lops? And the big one - does it indicate a health problem?

(Wish I could post a photo, it’s very cute)

Well I am sure it is nothing to worry about. My lionhead x rabbits have various ear positions.

Snowflake often has one ear up one ear down

110iyjd.jpg

Daisy has semi lop ears

2m5nmsm.jpg

6qy5v8.jpg

Her sister, Tessie has uppy ears

fdr49f.jpg

Snowflakes brother, Frosty has uppy ears too (he is on the left)

2zjdgzm.jpg

Perhaps they had mixed ancestry. Unless he seems uncomforable/itchy then I wouldnt worry about it.

My girls (unrelated) both have helicopter ears :love:

To post photos you need to first upload them to a hosting site - I like imgur as very easy

I uploaded my pics to tinypic then took it from there.

I have four. Frosty and Snowflake (bucks) are the speckled ones (butterfly marked) and were an impulse buy from a local pet shop. They are dutch x lionhead and are very close.

Then I have Tessie (brown) and Daisy (white) who are sisters which I adopted from Barnsley animal rescue charity (barc) in Yorkshire. I bonded all four of them together, which was stressful and exciting.

They have been together since October 2013 and we have moved twice since then with no problems. Best tip when relocating a pair or more of rabbits, leave the litter trays dirty to avoid too much territorial behaviour!

I uploaded my pics to tinypic then took it from there.

I have four. Frosty and Snowflake (bucks) are the speckled ones (butterfly marked) and were an impulse buy from a local pet shop. They are dutch x lionhead and are very close.

Then I have Tessie (brown) and Daisy (white) who are sisters which I adopted from Barnsley animal rescue charity (barc) in Yorkshire. I bonded all four of them together, which was stressful and exciting.

They have been together since October 2013 and we have moved twice since then with no problems. Best tip when relocating a pair or more of rabbits, leave the litter trays dirty to avoid too much territorial behaviour!

All your rabbits are stunning! :love:

Awww what little beauties you have there. I love their ears!

One of my first ever rabbits was a soft gray colour. I love that colour now.

Back