Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini lop with ears up! Problem?

Default Mini lop with ears up! Problem?

I have 2 lovely mini lops, or at least I thought I did! The boy, who was very little and slow to develop and is now 10 months old, has started spending half the time with his ears up! His ears are quite small and he was lopped before, but now he often sleeps with his ears up and back and sometimes hops around like that! We thought it was a quirky phase, but now itís gone on for a month, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has seen this in mini lops? And the big one - does it indicate a health problem?

(Wish I could post a photo, itís very cute)

Wise Old Thumper

Can't help because I know nothing, but he sounds adorable.

Well I am sure it is nothing to worry about. My lionhead x rabbits have various ear positions.

Snowflake often has one ear up one ear down

Daisy has semi lop ears

Her sister, Tessie has uppy ears

Snowflakes brother, Frosty has uppy ears too (he is on the left)

Perhaps they had mixed ancestry. Unless he seems uncomforable/itchy then I wouldnt worry about it.

Thank you, thatís reassuring. He only ever got to semi lop really. How did you post pics?

Also yours are all totally adorable!! How many do you have?

My girls (unrelated) both have helicopter ears

To post photos you need to first upload them to a hosting site - I like imgur as very easy

I uploaded my pics to tinypic then took it from there.

I have four. Frosty and Snowflake (bucks) are the speckled ones (butterfly marked) and were an impulse buy from a local pet shop. They are dutch x lionhead and are very close.

Then I have Tessie (brown) and Daisy (white) who are sisters which I adopted from Barnsley animal rescue charity (barc) in Yorkshire. I bonded all four of them together, which was stressful and exciting.

They have been together since October 2013 and we have moved twice since then with no problems. Best tip when relocating a pair or more of rabbits, leave the litter trays dirty to avoid too much territorial behaviour!

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    I uploaded my pics to tinypic then took it from there.

I have four. Frosty and Snowflake (bucks) are the speckled ones (butterfly marked) and were an impulse buy from a local pet shop. They are dutch x lionhead and are very close.

Then I have Tessie (brown) and Daisy (white) who are sisters which I adopted from Barnsley animal rescue charity (barc) in Yorkshire. I bonded all four of them together, which was stressful and exciting.

They have been together since October 2013 and we have moved twice since then with no problems. Best tip when relocating a pair or more of rabbits, leave the litter trays dirty to avoid too much territorial behaviour!
    All your rabbits are stunning!

Thank you Babsie. I love them!

Four bonded buns! Wow thatís awesome 😍 (I can only imagine the process eek!)

Here is my confused boy, (we popped his ears down for the 2nd pic, the first is all on his own!):

https://imgur.com/gallery/vtujf

And hereís my 2 just being cute:

https://imgur.com/gallery/RA1wp