• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does this mean?

Baxter is super friendly and is settled in so fast. He is happy to be picked up, no kicking out of struggling. If I sit in his run with him he will come over to me, climb in my lap and be stroked. He also lays down when you stroke him and he loves his cheeks being rubbed!

But, one thing he has started doing is if I go to pick up one of his toys or put my hand in his cage or run area, he does a grunting sound and comes charging out at me and sort of dives at my hand and looks like he's going to nip me! I don't know if he would nip me as I always move my hand :oops: Also he will nip at my knees and legs when I sit in the run with him. My legs are always covered by tracky bottoms so I don't feel it and it certainly doesn't seem aggressive as I can still stroke him and interact while he' trying it so, I just wondered what it all means?

Baxter is super friendly and is settled in so fast. He is happy to be picked up, no kicking out of struggling. If I sit in his run with him he will come over to me, climb in my lap and be stroked. He also lays down when you stroke him and he loves his cheeks being rubbed!

But, one thing he has started doing is if I go to pick up one of his toys or put my hand in his cage or run area, he does a grunting sound and comes charging out at me and sort of dives at my hand and looks like he's going to nip me! I don't know if he would nip me as I always move my hand :oops: Also he will nip at my knees and legs when I sit in the run with him. My legs are always covered by tracky bottoms so I don't feel it and it certainly doesn't seem aggressive as I can still stroke him and interact while he' trying it so, I just wondered what it all means?
Sounds territorial to me, how old is he? Has he been neutered yet?

My male who is neutered gets like this if you pick up any of his toys, I think typically though once they are neutered and settle down they tend to be more chilled out :)

Mine nip sometimes if I stop stroking them [emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

He's 12 weeks old and I plan to get him neutered asap :)

He also nips when I stop stroking him lol he's so funny.
Yea he's probably just territorial, it'll stop after the op hopefully - nipping because you stop stroking isn't tho that's just them getting your attention I think [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back