• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Climbing things.

Beegirl

New Kit
So, Curry has become more confident over the past few days, I've been off sick with the flu so it's probably helped, she's started to jump up to say hi on the sofa which is adorable but she's also started climbing up stuff. The hay and bedding straw is stacked next to the cage and she's started to climb up and then jump/slide back down, it's hilarious but I am just wondering if its normal behaviour for a bunny.

Thanks!

Oh I am glad you have posted this, my boys climb onto the back of the sofa, and do seem to like being up high. I have not seen sliding but that does sound like fun

I'd say it was normal, some bunnies are climbers, some stay firmly on floor level (though I've never had a bunny who never jumped on the sofa).

There was an RU member on here who left their new bunny to chill out alone in the bedroom, returned & couldn't find him anywhere - he was on top of the wardrobe :lol::love:

I’d say that was perfectly normal - I have one jumper / climber and 2 who never even attempted to jump on the sofa until they were bonded with their more adventurous friend :lol: They can sometimes jump higher than you ever thought possible!

There was an RU member on here who left their new bunny to chill out alone in the bedroom, returned & couldn't find him anywhere - he was on top of the wardrobe :lol::love:

That’s hilarious :lol:

So, Curry has become more confident over the past few days, I've been off sick with the flu so it's probably helped, she's started to jump up to say hi on the sofa which is adorable but she's also started climbing up stuff. The hay and bedding straw is stacked next to the cage and she's started to climb up and then jump/slide back down, it's hilarious but I am just wondering if its normal behaviour for a bunny.

Thanks!
I'd say it's totally normal. My buns will do anything to be up high. They love the back of the sofa and the window sill seems to be the ultimate challenge!
Yesterday pip got on my back whilst I was kneeling on the floor trying to get Archie to stop digging the carpet. She used me as a platform to get onto the tv cabinet!!!!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

When we had Lopsy indoors, OH went to see him (he was up in the attic) and found him climbing the carpet attached to the side of the run (we needed somewhere to attach the offcut). OH removed the offcut but when I got home from work the next day he'd jumped on top of the run (he had an open-topped pen as well as the run) and wandered over to the hay bag. So jumping about 3 feet onto a metal run top was easy for our 2.4kg lop!

Frosty is a jumper, but I had 2 half wildie buns who would climb virtically up the side of the aviary mesh, up to about 4ft before leaping off sideways! I also had an old hutch in their run with a runaround tunnel going into it, they used to climb the outside of the tunnel as a ramp and jump on top :lol:

Yes, my buns have all been climbers :D My little Pepper (aka Thug Bun) has no fear and will climb onto anything - we have to be careful where we leave the chair for the desk, for example: one of her favourite things to do is to get on top of desk and walk up and down the pc keyboard as it makes clicky noises :D

Awww, climbing buns. I wouldn't mind if mine climbed more but life is easier when they don't (just not as much fun). I used to dry forage on our dining room table & Joey suddenly learnt to climb better & would go up there & knock forage down for his wives. When we lived in Wycoller Joey used to sit on the window sil & watch the world go by. There were loads of visitors / walkers passing our cottage & you'd see people double take when they realised the very long earred cat was a bunny

Back