• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Separated bunny's

glitterdust

Warren Scout
I wrote another post about my new shed, it has 3 floors and I have 2 rabbits, my male Jimmy can get up to the top floor in the shed and the run, but my little norah can't do it and never will. There old shed had 2 floors and she stayed on the bottom all the time. The problem is Jimmy has decided the top floor is where he wants to be as he sits and looks out the window.. I am worried Norah thinks he has dissapeared. Will she know he is still around by Smell. It is early days so he might just be exploring but I don't want Norah to think she has been abandoned by him.i am probably overthinking as I am fantastic at doing that [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

It will take a while for them to grow accustomed to their new shed and then they should spend a lot of time together. He will probably join your other bunny. I don't think you will need insulation as the wood looks quite thick.

It will take a while for them to grow accustomed to their new shed and then they should spend a lot of time together. He will probably join your other bunny. I don't think you will need insulation as the wood looks quite thick.
Thank you, it is very very thick. Is it normal for them to go off food when going into different environments . They aren't eating there pellets. They have been in the house for 2 days after Jimmy's dental then back into a totally different enviroment..

Aw, I'm not sure, but I expect he'll seek her out once he's done some more exploring.

Weirdly, this reminds me of when my children were small and we would go to soft play. Our younger dd would fly up to the top and go down the huge slide and my eldest was too scared to move from the bottom floor.

I don't know their story sorry, is Norah not physically able to get up, or is it that she prefers to be lower down? Is there anyway to make it more accessible for her? x

Aw, I'm not sure, but I expect he'll seek her out once he's done some more exploring.

Weirdly, this reminds me of when my children were small and we would go to soft play. Our younger dd would fly up to the top and go down the huge slide and my eldest was too scared to move from the bottom floor.

I don't know their story sorry, is Norah not physically able to get up, or is it that she prefers to be lower down? Is there anyway to make it more accessible for her? x
Norah is 4 she is totally deaf and can't see properly, she had a bad start in life I found her dumped on the side of the road in a bad way. She had a ring on her leg, the vets said she was most likely dumped because of her ailments, she has no confidence but she is getting much better.She Like's to just stay inside she rarely comes out. The vet thought because of the way her nails were and how much poop was caked on her that she didn't have much space to move about before. I got Jimmy specifically for Norah and he helps her so much she follows him and she knows what's happening by how he reacts. Now he has decided the top shelf of the shed is where he wants to be she's a bit lost. I'm hoping he gets fed up.

Norah is 4 she is totally deaf and can't see properly, she had a bad start in life I found her dumped on the side of the road in a bad way. She had a ring on her leg, the vets said she was most likely dumped because of her ailments, she has no confidence but she is getting much better.She Like's to just stay inside she rarely comes out. The vet thought because of the way her nails were and how much poop was caked on her that she didn't have much space to move about before. I got Jimmy specifically for Norah and he helps her so much she follows him and she knows what's happening by how he reacts. Now he has decided the top shelf of the shed is where he wants to be she's a bit lost. I'm hoping he gets fed up.

The shed i had before she could get up if she wanted and the only time i ever seen her up there was when she was having a phantom pregnancy, which totally surprised me as I had to put her in a rescue for 2 weeks before they would let me have her. She was meant to be spayed in there. They didn't do it. She is spayed now though.

When was the last time they ate? Is it since moving into this shed?
They are eating treats and hay if I give them apple or banana they would take my hand off, they have just been picky with there pellets, yes it is since moving. They are pooing and weeing but pooing and weeing all over the place instead of in the litter tray. Im suspecting it is a settling in period

They are ok now, Jimmy the explorer has decided he has had enough and is now snuggled next to Nora. They are both becoming more settled in their new home. I wish I could get used to it. There are so many doors I don't know where I am.

Back