• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet baxter

I collected him yesterday. He is super tame already and has settled in very fast. He's so chilled out.

39690134321_a126b83f83.jpg

39659012662_54719d13e3.jpg

39659004382_748dd2b9a2.jpg

He is a 12 week old Netherland dwarf cross.

I hope to get lots of info and advice from this forum and I will also be sharing more (better) photos soon.

Thank you. I was told his colour is agouti. Is that correct? I've no idea what he is crossed with but his fur is thick and soft. He's so cute.

I'm not sure what veggies he has had in the past but I've started him off with a few little bits of basic stuff and he ignored it but today he's started eating it when offered, so that's good. He's also on muesli which I am slowly switching over to a pellet (Science Selective).

His litter training is gong well. Just one pee overnight on his fleece and quite a few poops out the tray but today, no pee on the fleece and less poo. I'm picking up his poops and putting them in the tray.

I can't wait to get better photos of him and share them with you :)

well Hello Baxter - what a very handsome chap you are. That's a good start with the veggies. If you're not sure of what Baxter has had previously, then slowly introduce basic veg. Spring greens are a nice start and at this time of year they should be nice and juicy. YOu can then slowly introduce some variety - some carrot is always going to win your rabbits affection, even better with carrot tops. Celery is also a great veg - it has a high water content and if you can find some with some leaves on it, even better. Celeriac is also good and is great for their teeth. Personally, as a treat (and only as a treat), I've always found dried cranberries are successful. They are high in antioxidants and 2 or 3 of these are a yummy way to add training elements to Baxter. Looking forward to lots of updates for such a beautiful rabbit.:love:

That's great advice, thanks. I'm off veggie shopping tomorrow so I'll add a few of those to the list.

He was out and about 5 mins ago so I decided to get a few better photos of him. Had to take him into the kitchen (better lighting) so ignore all the junk in the background :oops:

The last picture shows him in his cage. It's a 4x2 C&C with a small shelf area which he loves chilling out on, as you can see in the second to last pic! The door is open all day and for now there is a run attached but once he's settled more and got used to everything, the run will be removed and he can free roam the room (it's rabbit safe).

38982019654_8881ace5a2.jpg

39659836102_f61826f185.jpg

38793388765_f13dc87713.jpg

39691023791_6f6e299e4b.jpg

24822289427_175a10fa69.jpg

24822455727_105fab5dd9.jpg

25818685368_4632b4f2e9.jpg

He is gorgeous:love: yes, he is an agouti coloured bunny, one of my favourite colours:love:

Hi! Baxter looks like he has a great set up. He is the absolute double of our Boogie. No idea what cross she is. Baxter is very neat and tidy, unlike herself as she is in the middle of a moult.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Awwww I recognise him from the guinea pig forum (I am flowerfairy on there). His cage/open at all times base looks lovely.

Thank you. I was told his colour is agouti. Is that correct? I've no idea what he is crossed with but his fur is thick and soft. He's so cute.

I'm not sure what veggies he has had in the past but I've started him off with a few little bits of basic stuff and he ignored it but today he's started eating it when offered, so that's good. He's also on muesli which I am slowly switching over to a pellet (Science Selective).

His litter training is gong well. Just one pee overnight on his fleece and quite a few poops out the tray but today, no pee on the fleece and less poo. I'm picking up his poops and putting them in the tray.

I can't wait to get better photos of him and share them with you :)

Yes he's an agouti beauty :love:

Welcome Baxter :wave:

Thank you for all the nice comments and replies.

Baxter is doing so well. I shut him in the cage area at night and he seems to be very clean and I woke up to no mess outside the litter trays but about an hour after he was allowed out, he peed in what seems to be his usual spot which is the corner where his bowls are (where the green towel is in the last photo). Seeing as he keeps peeing there I have moved his bowls and put another litter box there!

He gobbled up his veggies this morning which I was pleased about although he didn't touch the small bit of carrot. What rabbit refuses carrot? Silly bunny lol

Awwww I recognise him from the guinea pig forum (I am flowerfairy on there). His cage/open at all times base looks lovely.

Hello! I thought there must be some GPF members on here as well :D

Back