• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toilet habits.

Beegirl

New Kit
Hi!

So we went away for a week and curry stayed with a friend and since she's come back I've noticed that she no longer wees and poos in her toilet tray when she's out of her cage/pen.
She was fully house trained and she had the odd poo on the floor but really nothing to worry about, she's recently taken to sitting on her fluffy pillow and weeing on the floor, I've put that pillow in her toilet tray in the hope that it will encourage her to go in there again but I am a little worried that her training has gone out of the window since staying somewhere else. I did tell my friends that they had to monitor her toilet habits but I feel it fell on deaf ears because its not their pet but then another part of me is thinking, is this normal for a rabbit of her age (She's 4/5 months I thing can't remember :p - need to check the paperwork) she is close to getting spayed, is this her just marking her territory as she gets older?
She uses the toilet in her cage just fine, it's just while she's out of the cage.

This is my first time as a bunny mum so just curious!

Last edited:
Going to a different environment could set her toilet habits backwards. For instance I bought a pair of litter trained rabbits a new hutch and they have lost some of their litter training. :roll: I hope she regains her good habits but we can only encourage them to do everything in their litter tray.

Hi,

I thought as much, she's getting the hang of it again but it's going to take a few weeks to get back to normal I guess. Might have to do some house sitting instead of going to them next time :p

Back