Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Get Your Hay From?

Warren Scout

Default Where Do You Get Your Hay From?

I get a pack of 3 x 1kg Burgess Excel Marigold Hay from Amazon for 14 for 3 bags, plus Pillow Wad Meadow Hay (3 bags again which are 2.25kg each), once again usually around 14 for 3 bags on Amazon.

As I have Amazon Prime this is quick and convenient for me, but is it good value? My buns love both kinds and it lasts quite a long time for two rabbits

Just wondering where everyone else gets their hay?

Mama Doe

I get Superhay from our local farm shop and Timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk. One very soft and the other very stalky. I mix them up (the Timothy always gets eaten first)
    Bunny mum to Jessie, Blue, Noah (trio) Hettie & Sweep and troublesome River who is still waiting for the right man!
    Piggy mum to Mabel, Molly and Peaches

Remembering Skye, Woody, Maisie-pig and Marley-pig. Always in our hearts and very much missed

Looking for welfare orientated bunny boarding in Hampshire? Visit www.chestnutcorner.co.uk or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/chestnutcorner

I mainly use Ings hay by the bale (9.5kg) from hay&straw.co.uk (18 delivered) but also Readigrass (13) & Timothy readigrass & Green oat grass from Friendly Estates (equibox.co.uk), Burgess excel long stem feeding hay (time for paws) & various Burgess hays (dandelion & marigold, chamomile, barn dried) from PetPlanet.

The bag of Ings I got this week is super green, super long, very very nice. It's the kind guinea pigs enjoy burrowing thorough Would recommend.

Mainly timothyhay.co.uk with smaller bags of readigrass, timothy readigrass, b&m dandelion & marigold and whatever else I pick up to mix in with it. I have about 3/4 of a bale of farm hay which my guys won’t eat and even my current foster won’t eat. That’s what I always got before I tried timothyhay.co.uk and now they are too fussy to go back to it

mine have recently gone back to farm baled hay with oat hay (timothyhay.co.uk) as a top up

Mama Doe

Bales from local equine supplier - about 5.50 a bale (just fits in a 240 litre wheely bin)

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    Bales from local equine supplier - about 5.50 a bale (just fits in a 240 litre wheely bin)
    This for me too. I keep mine in a shed. I think I pay about the same too.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I ordered from Spenser from The Hay Experts. I'll still use them for forage but Bertie bunny is happy to devour cheap supermarket hay and Wilko's Timothy hay.

I buy Ings hay from https://www.hay-and-straw.co.uk/ . It's got a mix of different grasses in and it's a lot greener and fresh smelling than most hay. Right now I struggle to find room to store the 9kg bale, but once I move house I'll probably start buying farm bales and a 15kg readigrass bale and mixing the two together because I think it'll work out cheaper

Burgess hay is lovely, but also incredibly expensive for the size. It used to be the only hay I gave my two boys, but as they grew they started getting through 5 bags a week I think because that hay is so finely chopped it easily fell out of the hay rack and they just ended up sitting and weeing on a lot of it. With the Ings hay they don't waste anywhere near as much so 5kg of Ings lasts me twice as long as 5kg of burgess hay did
    Last edited by DemiS; 15-01-2018 at 02:59 AM.
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

B&M and also Equine supplier, bag of hay for 2.