Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Graze - On & Amlico

  1. #1
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    9,817

    Default Graze - On & Amlico

    Hi...

    Wondering if anyone has used the website Amlico and if you've ever fed graze-On. What are you opinions?

    I'm also looking at their hay bales for £5

    http://www.amlico-animal-feeds.co.uk...ProductID=1981

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

  2. #2
    Warren Veteran daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    9,817

    Default

    Don't worry about the website... I'm too far away for them to deliver or for us to collect.

    So has anyone used Graze-On?

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I'm doing the Race For Life 5k in aid of Cancer Research on the 8th July. If you'd like to sponsor me, please do at the following link: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.o...e-for-life-204

  3. #3
    Warren Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    9,861

    Default

    I once got a massive thing of graze on - the bunnies liked it & it lasted ages. To be honest my bunnies will eat anything, its me that goes oh they have to have fancy oat hay & friendly readigrass. It was pretty stalky, dry & bitty looking in comparison but it didn't put them off

  4. #4
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    25,726

    Default

    Years ago I once bought graze on for the goats, gave some to my rabbits, gave some to Sarah1989 for her rabbits, and it was so tough and sharp one of the pieces stuck in its gum it had to have it removed by the vet and have meds because it had stopped eating.

    I now buy grass tastic, which is lovely and soft, and the goats and Frosty love it. If you wanted I could send you some for your bunnies to try if you pm me your address

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  5. #5
    Wise Old Thumper tulsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    15,945

    Default

    Haha love the name grass tastic. Where do you get it from Zoobec?

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    IOW
    Posts
    14,256

    Default

    I bought a large sack of Graze-on possibly from Jolleys and seem to remember it being like needles! The bunnies ate it but I didn't buy any more. That grass stastic sounds good!

  7. #7
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    25,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tulsi View Post
    Haha love the name grass tastic. Where do you get it from Zoobec?
    Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    I bought a large sack of Graze-on possibly from Jolleys and seem to remember it being like needles! The bunnies ate it but I didn't buy any more. That grass stastic sounds good!
    I get grass tastic from my local equestrian/agricultural feed merchants where I buy hay and goat feed. I don't think they sell small bags, but if anyone would like me to send a bit for their bunnies to try, send me a pm. (I don't work for them or anything in case anyone thinks I sound too biased) Frosty seems to like readigrass or grass tastic equally but the goats seem to prefer grass tastic.

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    37,924

    Default

    There's more choice of dried grass now than there used to be.

    I often wonder why they differ fro one another. I guess there's slightly different methods of chopping, as they are in the main freeze dried?
    Reliable and up to date info on RHD2:
    An extensive and comprehensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...RHD2-July-2018

  9. #9
    Wise Old Thumper Jack's-Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    134,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Years ago I once bought graze on for the goats, gave some to my rabbits, gave some to Sarah1989 for her rabbits, and it was so tough and sharp one of the pieces stuck in its gum it had to have it removed by the vet and have meds because it had stopped eating.

    I now buy grass tastic, which is lovely and soft, and the goats and Frosty love it. If you wanted I could send you some for your bunnies to try if you pm me your address
    I know of someone else who had the same problem with one of his Rabbits when he fed them Graze On. I bought some years ago, but none of my Rabbits at the time would touch it.


    Twickenham Veterinary Surgery- Competent and compassionate Rabbit Savvy Vets in SW London
    https://www.twickenhamvets.com/

    Cases of Suspected and Confirmed RHD2 deaths are on the rise again. This highly respected FB page provides up to date, accurate and reliable information about disease outbreaks . The RWAF and some Vets contribute to the well run Group

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1744958082388756/

  10. #10
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    25,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    There's more choice of dried grass now than there used to be.

    I often wonder why they differ fro one another. I guess there's slightly different methods of chopping, as they are in the main freeze dried?
    Itís good thereís plenty of choices now :-) grasstastic is fescue, whereas readigrass says it is ryegrass (I always thought it was alfalfa previously ), and they do a green oat one now too which Iíve not bought. Graze on just says itís grass so could be any variety Thatís probably why they are so different I would think.

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •