Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The battle with Baytril continues

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    Lopsy, for all his lack of brain cells, is wise to towels and blankets But if I soak baytril into a fenugreek crunchie he doesn't notice and just thinks it's a treat! Fenugreek crunchies are dished which means leaving the baytril to soak in is easy it's the only reason I have fenugreek crunchies around!
    You've got no idea how much I envy you If I try to hide even the smallest drop of any medication in any kind of treat my lot always know. Always.
    I've tried the tiniest drop in a big blob of Ella's Kitchen puree and they still know. The only thing I've had success with was panacur put on a leaf and then wrapped up which tends to work pretty well because it's a thicker paste.
    I did get a raspbery to work once (they're hollow! ) but they got wise to it the second time. Plus it didn't really hold enough so didn't work out that well.

I think it was Baytril that I ended up mixing with Ella's Kitchen baby food (apple, pear and carrot), then spreading on slivers of banana...

It worked, as he can't resist bananas, but Sonic always ate it whilst looking me direct in the eyes

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    I think it was Baytril that I ended up mixing with Ella's Kitchen baby food (apple, pear and carrot), then spreading on slivers of banana...

It worked, as he can't resist bananas
    Seriously?! Have I just got really awkward rabbits or something?!

Quote Originally Posted by ~ILoveMyBunny~ View Post
    You've got no idea how much I envy you If I try to hide even the smallest drop of any medication in any kind of treat my lot always know. Always.
    I've tried the tiniest drop in a big blob of Ella's Kitchen puree and they still know. The only thing I've had success with was panacur put on a leaf and then wrapped up which tends to work pretty well because it's a thicker paste.
    I did get a raspbery to work once (they're hollow! ) but they got wise to it the second time. Plus it didn't really hold enough so didn't work out that well.

You must be a mine of ingenuity when it comes to feeding meds to rabbits!
    Please vaccinate your rabbits for RHD2 as well ..
    Two more house rabbit deaths just confirmed

Reliable, up to date advice on RHD2: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...40#post7012340

We used a teaspoon of mango pulp with some ground up pellets - watered down and given via the syringe - however I had to be sat in the run with them.

Doughnut won't take it on anything either. Tried banana or puree or mixing it with other medicine she likes. She just knows it's in there. I have to catch her then rest her on my knee sitting upright then with the syringe try and find to gap between her teeth
    She's very wary of me for weeks though and won't take her other medicine. She usually runs over for it and I just pop the syringe in her mouth. I dread when I have to give that to her