Hello everyone,

Over the last few months weíve been having lots of test on Poppy to find out why she is incontinent.

Initially she tested positive for a UTI which we treated but didnít solve the incontinence problem.

Sheís since had an X-ray, ultrasound, full blood profile including testing for e.cunicili and full culture test on urine extracted when under GA. Everything has come back negative.

Weíve tried her on 2 types of antibiotics as well as Propalin but nothing has made a difference.

We think she is partially incontinent as she sometimes knowingly hops in the litter box, lifts her tail and does a wee. But most of the time when sheís asleep or relaxing there will be a puddle underneath her when she moves and when sheís running she also trickles wee as she goes.

Iíve noticed sometimes she makes a weird burping/air noise when she urinates and doesnít lift her. Could this mean sheís in pain?

Sheís bonded with Larry, they adore each other and she is very happy, bubbly and seems fine in herself otherwise.

They are currently in 100sq ft pen in our dining room which is lined with puppy pads that I change over twice a day (spending a fortune on puppy pads), plus 2 litter boxes every other day. The puppy pads help keep her clean, plus we clean her whenever she needs. We stopped laying fleece, towels and vet bed as this was harder to keep her clean and the laundry was too much.

Iím really looking for advice on looking after an incontinent rabbit. Iím worried they donít have enough space as Larry used to be free range, but I think this is the maximum we could give them as otherwise the cleaning becomes extensive.

Are there any other tests we should do? Other medication we can try? Could it actually be behavioural for some reason? Or anyone have advice of housing an incontinent rabbit when their friend isnít incontinent?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk