• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daphne is sick

I'm so sorry to hear Daphne's been so ill but glad to see she's improving :D
That's a lot of drugs, poor thing. Hope she's not too bad with a syringe!
Get well soon little one. Keep eating those brambles!
Thinking of you all xx

The vibes seem to be working. You guys are so amazing.

We just got back from the vets so while OH cooked us dinner I went to get some brambles.... well as soon as I put them in front of her face...

She's also eaten 2 bits of hay. Still tons of brambles left but she willingly came out to eat them.

And yes J&B - She's had this before with a grade 3 heart murmur. Somewhere between 6 months and a year.

MM - They always give us lots of drugs - we have to slowly wean off once back to normal.

Vet was very amused by the murmur and believes it comes on as a stress response to being ill - it normally happens in cats so for a bun to get it it's quite interesting.
6c55d7dbd225786114bd9986d575e72d.jpg
451fca076010b8ea9a7af2bfa00feffe.jpg
a54389971e468d1da0c9feee99d060dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Look at this girl! :love:

So pleased to hear this :) I hope it means you and OH might have a peaceful night?

Only just read your thread, so sorry to hear your lovely girlie has been poorly. Sending loads of vibes for her and you too xxx

Thinking of you all and pleased that Daphne seems to be improving. Yes, I remember when she had it last time too. Wonderful Brambles to the rescue again :D

Julia - I hope that Bob is also still improving and enjoying his Brambles.

Good news, well done Daphne, I'm glad she's recovering.
My bun has GI stasis from time to time and since being prescribed Cisapride his recovery has been amazing. It's gone from 5 days to get back to normal (poo output and size) to only taking around 24 hours. He's been diagnosed with a slow hind gut and apparently Cisapride is particularly effective in helping with that.

It sounds like you have all bases covered with the meds that have been prescribed. Hope all goes well x

Back