• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Daphne is sick

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
She's in stasis at the moment...
Just given her a dose of metacam and will give her 30mins to see if any improvment.

Please can we have some vibes for her. I'm concerned as her tummy looks distended and she's unable to get comfortable.

Phoebe is in protector mode at the moment.
eb088cfe880b727347b5f020e706f67e.jpg
5e06490bfe968c0053c80727cf8014a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

She's in stasis at the moment...
Just given her a dose of metacam and will give her 30mins to see if any improvment.

Please can we have some vibes for her. I'm concerned as her tummy looks distended and she's unable to get comfortable.

Phoebe is in protector mode at the moment.
eb088cfe880b727347b5f020e706f67e.jpg
5e06490bfe968c0053c80727cf8014a1.jpg

So sorry to hear this :(

Millions of vibes that your darling girl gets better quickly xx

Off to the vets
I'm not happy with how she is and as she's due to go into boarding on Sunday I want a full check up.

So....

She is in stasis with a grade 2 heart murmer.
Sub-cut fluids, metroclopromide, ranitidine, metacam & another drug (begins with C - another gut mobility) all to be given twice a day.
Syringe feeding if she will tolerate it.
We're blaming this on too much breakfast (I did go overboard preparing it).
She's also up to 3kgs so we will be reducing general food anyway once she's recovered.

Thank you for all the vibes so far, it means a lot to us.

Thinking of you all. Bob also been to vets today, brought him home with metochlopromide metacam and ranitidine. Not ok just yet but improving. Hope daphne is also on the mend. They are such a worry ! X

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

So....

Sub-cut fluids, metroclopromide, ranitidine, metacam & another drug (begins with C - another gut mobility) all to be given twice a day.
She's also up to 3kgs so we will be reducing general food anyway once she's recovered.

cisapride? Thinking of you both & willing her better. She had similar some time ago didnt she? Poor baby xx

So....

I hope she recovers quickly. C is probably for cisapride. They seem to have given her the whole armoury there :)

Thinking of you all. Bob also been to vets today, brought him home with metochlopromide metacam and ranitidine. Not ok just yet but improving. Hope daphne is also on the mend. They are such a worry ! X

Lots of vibes for your Bob xx I hope he's back to 100% very soon! xx

The vibes seem to be working. You guys are so amazing.

We just got back from the vets so while OH cooked us dinner I went to get some brambles.... well as soon as I put them in front of her face...

She's also eaten 2 bits of hay. Still tons of brambles left but she willingly came out to eat them.

And yes J&B - She's had this before with a grade 3 heart murmur. Somewhere between 6 months and a year.

MM - They always give us lots of drugs - we have to slowly wean off once back to normal.

Vet was very amused by the murmur and believes it comes on as a stress response to being ill - it normally happens in cats so for a bun to get it it's quite interesting.
6c55d7dbd225786114bd9986d575e72d.jpg
451fca076010b8ea9a7af2bfa00feffe.jpg
a54389971e468d1da0c9feee99d060dd.jpg

Last edited:
The one advantage of not having much forage at this time of year is that if you know where there is even a little bit they are so keen to eat it. I found some fennel and green tayberry (related to brambles) leaves that hadn't been caught by the frost and he had to have a nibble. Also some alpine strawberry leaves. My neighbours will think I'm bonkers rooting around in the garden with a head torch and a pair of scissors. Keep eating the brambles Daphne x

Back