• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A little question about Bea and Henry

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Bea is very much top dog and we sometimes see her go up to Hen and rest her chin on his back. Is this a sign of dominance? We first noticed it when we first brought him home and he'd try and venture in to see us.
We've never seen it happen between our boys but they have a very different bond to Bea and Henso was just wondering :)

Bea is very much top dog and we sometimes see her go up to Hen and rest her chin on his back. Is this a sign of dominance? We first noticed it when we first brought him home and he'd try and venture in to see us.
We've never seen it happen between our boys but they have a very different bond to Bea and Henso was just wondering :)

I think it depends on the context. What they were doing when Bea did the 'chin resting'.

I was never sure if any of mine were dominant over the others, but Tan always used to rest her front paws and chin over the back of Yan or Tethra and would rest like that for a long time. The rabbit underneath never complained. I always assumed it was a more comfortable position for her (she had Arthritis).

She does it all the time. We first noticed it when we got Henry and he tried to come into the room we were in. It was like she was forbidding him!
But now he comes and goes as he pleases and a lot of the time she will do it when they are just lounging around!

She does it all the time. We first noticed it when we got Henry and he tried to come into the room we were in. It was like she was forbidding him!
But now he comes and goes as he pleases and a lot of the time she will do it when they are just lounging around!

In that case I think it's more of a companionship thing than a statement of dominance :love:

Back