• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

medicen

Ross

Warren Scout
hey guys! Marnie is still on medicine, but we are bonding them and they are hopefully moving in together tomorrow :D

any sort risk if she's on medicine for him? like in case she has a bit left on her fur or paws or something, she's not to keen on the medicine all the time lol!!

hey guys! Marnie is still on medicine, but we are bonding them and they are hopefully moving in together tomorrow :D

any sort risk if she's on medicine for him? like in case she has a bit left on her fur or paws or something, she's not to keen on the medicine all the time lol!!

What is the medication ?

Last edited:
she is on 5.55ml of Trimethoprim Sus, once every evening :)

It shouldn't be an issue if your other Rabbit were to ingest a tiny amount that Marnie may have dribbled from her mouth. Are they actually bonded ? I only ask as if you are only just introducing them maybe it'd be best to wait til Marnie's treatment is finished. As she's on an abx I am assuming she has some sort of bacterial infection. Bonding is a stressful process and stress can have a negative impact on a Rabbit's immune system.

I expect you already know all that though, but I thought I'd better mention it just incase xx

Hi Ross :wave:

A bit of trimethoprim sulpha would be OK if ingested in the quantity you mention :)

It shouldn't be an issue if your other Rabbit were to ingest a tiny amount that Marnie may have dribbled from her mouth. Are they actually bonded ? I only ask as if you are only just introducing them maybe it'd be best to wait til Marnie's treatment is finished. As she's on an abx I am assuming she has some sort of bacterial infection. Bonding is a stressful process and stress can have a negative impact on a Rabbit's immune system.

I expect you already know all that though, but I thought I'd better mention it just incase xx

yeah I was thinking about that to be honest, but there getting sad when there not together, and we are going away next month so we wanted done with as much time as we can before then to make sure it goes all smoothly, she doesn't seem to be stressed by the sneezing, more by missing Declan, so I don't really want to wait another month because Declan especially seems lonely now bless him, so I'm thinking maybe I should just let them bond and move in? :) thank you both Jacks Jane and max :D

yeah I was thinking about that to be honest, but there getting sad when there not together, and we are going away next month so we wanted done with as much time as we can before then to make sure it goes all smoothly, she doesn't seem to be stressed by the sneezing, more by missing Declan, so I don't really want to wait another month because Declan especially seems lonely now bless him, so I'm thinking maybe I should just let them bond and move in? :) thank you both Jacks Jane and max :D

You're welcome :)

Remember, a bunny stressed by not being together with the partner they want to be with is going to have a reduced immune response. What I mean is, if bonding and being together reduces stress, then it's a good thing and will promote quicker healing :)

You are in the best position to judge what is the right course of action for your Rabbits. IME there is seldom a one size fits all approach for anything Rabbity !!

Ahh thanks guys! I'm gonna kip on the sofa tonight (there in the living room lol) aswell to make sure there 1st night is okay, and I'm off work tomorrow to monitor and make sure its all a okay :)

bit of advise please guys!

how do I feed them there nuggets, Declan should get a third more then marnie should, and marnie eats quite quickly (not as quick recently though) whilst Declan spends hours eating his,

do I feed them with two bowls, or put the whole lot in one bowl?
I guess I've just got to trust them (Marnie) not to eat to much?

bit of advise please guys!

how do I feed them there nuggets, Declan should get a third more then marnie should, and marnie eats quite quickly (not as quick recently though) whilst Declan spends hours eating his,

do I feed them with two bowls, or put the whole lot in one bowl?
I guess I've just got to trust them (Marnie) not to eat to much?

I always use one food bowl per rabbit. And when I have to feed one up a bit more I do separate them briefly (or how ever long it takes!) to do so :)

Ah okay brill thanks :D! I’ll start that tomorrow:)
They seem fine together! Very cramped tho, so I’ve ordered a new hutch comeing Saturday :D

Back