Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Change of hay

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    We decided to try the bunnies back on farm baled hay. They all eat it, their poo is good but I'm guessing Boo doesn't approve based on her obssession with evicting it all from the litter tray

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Gracious, she's stripped your new wallpaper already?
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

Omi you can't tell Boo off! any reprimands fall on deaf ears . Joey occassionally keeps her in line with a semi nip but I've not tried it myself. Even when you physically try & move her using your hands she has a remarkable ability to stay beligerently rooted to the floor. She is a bit different.
    Slidey floors all the way: Lopsy gets scooted across the playhouse lino when I need him to move and he doesn't want to (I think he secretly enjoys it!).

I always test the bales I get (small hands are great for shoving deep into bales!), but I also don't buy it if it's been really wet and windy in the recent few days, as the farm I get it from keeps theirs in a not entirely weatherproof structure! I find opening it out a bit when I get home is really useful too.
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Funny about toilet habits. Willow used the entire run as a toilet whereas Parsley would poo in one corner (where the human door is into the run) but mainly poo and wee in the tray in the shed next to the hatch into the run. Since Willow has been on her own she doesn't use the trays inside the shed and just uses the same corner that Parsley did in the run, so much tidier than she used to be.

Wise Old Thumper

Omi you can't tell Boo off! any reprimands fall on deaf ears . Joey occassionally keeps her in line with a semi nip but I've not tried it myself. Even when you physically try & move her using your hands she has a remarkable ability to stay beligerently rooted to the floor. She is a bit different.
    Ah sorry Boo, I forgot Perhaps it is a disapproving look of the hay then, or perhaps she's looked at what she's done and is wondering whether the mess is noticeable enough.

Myxomatosis , RHD1 & RHD2 - Vaccinations are ESSENTIAL to protect your Rabbit(s)
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...rum-Moderator)

Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund (RWAF)~ Britains Biggest and Best Organisation for Everyone who Loves Rabbits
    https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Reference links for various Rabbit Health problems :
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...99#post7048099

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Gracious, she's stripped your new wallpaper already?
    oh they all did - even Mouse, days after they were let loose in here, every wall. I posted their art exhibition on here. That is layers of paint and the top layer of plasterboard, fortunately not wallpaper. Skirtings are going on soon, hopefully that will make them more difficult to get a purchase on the wall. Wishful thinking I'm sure
    Last edited by joey&boo; 10-01-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    right back at you Boo (well I am a little amused I guess)

oh they all did - even Mouse, days after they were let loose in here, every wall. I posted their art exhibition on here. That is layers of paint and the top layer of plasterboard, fortunately not wallpaper. Skirtings are going on soon, hopefully that will make them more difficult to get a purchase on the wall. Wishful thinking I'm sure

Yeah, skirtings are really tasty, so I'm told!

What did you decide on for the flooring in the end? Guessing not carpet Sweep-uppable ...?
    Up to date and comprehensive info on RHD2:
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...16-Sept/page14
    An extensive guide to all things RHD2 - Please Vaccinate!

Wise Old Thumper

What did you decide on for the flooring in the end? Guessing not carpet Sweep-uppable ...?
    Yes, skirtings are far tastier than dry old walls

haven't decided yet but I need some interim measure while we save for wood floor> i want to use lino but it feels hugely wasteful . Boo has helped with the decision not to use carpet