Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change of hay

Default Change of hay

We decided to try the bunnies back on farm baled hay. They all eat it, their poo is good but I'm guessing Boo doesn't approve based on her obssession with evicting it all from the litter tray

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Wise Old Thumper

Hah, this is exactly what Tan used to do She used to make a pile next to the tray. Sometimes she would then sit on it, but sometimes not. Why???

I actually live opposite a hay field, but the last time I bought from him, it was mouldy inside. It's a shame because I would much rather support someone local.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Hah, this is exactly what Tan used to do She used to make a pile next to the tray. Sometimes she would then sit on it, but sometimes not. Why???

I actually live opposite a hay field, but the last time I bought from him, it was mouldy inside. It's a shame because I would much rather support someone local.
    Ahhh, you'll be giving me nightmares . I was actually worried it was damp but it was just cold It fitted very snugly into timothyhay sack

Princess has now made 3 nests & the litter tray is bare. Waiting on bin men so I can sort it out

Mama Doe

She does look very disapproving of it in the last pic,what a diva.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by kattymieoww View Post
    I took that look to be that she'd either just been told off or she was thinking it was likely she was going to be told off

Our Theo is one for this, he's there seconds later dragging it all out x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**

Quote Originally Posted by kattymieoww View Post
    that's my boo

Wise Old Thumper

I always considered that when Tan did it, it was for territorial reasons i.e. it's MY responsibility to change the hay position because this is all my territory.

On a side issue, since Tethra has been on his own he has no stray poo or wee on the floor of the shed and I considered this to be that as he is younger perhaps he has more control of his bodily functions. He also has three large litter trays and uses all three to sit in. However, the tray sited in the middle of the "territory" now remains completely clean and dry. I wonder if this too is something to do with protection of territory reasons i.e. it's just the external trays that need his scent.

Omi you can't tell Boo off! any reprimands fall on deaf ears . Joey occassionally keeps her in line with a semi nip but I've not tried it myself. Even when you physically try & move her using your hands she has a remarkable ability to stay beligerently rooted to the floor. She is a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I always considered that when Tan did it, it was for territorial reasons i.e. it's MY responsibility to change the hay position because this is all my territory.

On a side issue, since Tethra has been on his own he has no stray poo or wee on the floor of the shed and I considered this to be that as he is younger perhaps he has more control of his bodily functions. He also has three large litter trays and uses all three to sit in. However, the tray sited in the middle of the "territory" now remains completely clean and dry. I wonder if this too is something to do with protection of territory reasons i.e. it's just the external trays that need his scent.
    interesting observation. Joey & boo has great litter habits (Joey always did) - introduced Mouse & its been downhill ever since.

Clever boy Tethra for being so clean & tidy